Old 02-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Daniele Catanesi

Default (Re)Introduction

Hello to all the list,

even if I subscribed to the list and joined the Fedora Project some
time ago, first as translator later as part of the infrastructure
group but due to some problems (motorbike accident, relocation and some
other RL issues) I was not even able to start participating in the
list/group activities nor attend meetings and such...

Now that everything is back to normality I want even more to get
involved in the project at the next level, of course I have to take
some time read all the Infrastructure docs/wikis all over but I'll do
that with pleasure.

Just a few notes about me, I'm a network
Engineer and trainer in life working often with Open Source
technologies and Linux (Fedora, RHEL and Centos distribution) as a
sysadmin while trying to learn something new everyday

I'm working toward my RHCE (I should have sit the exam last January but
I could not due to the above happenings) and I think can benefit me
more than applying what I study.

If anyone has any suggestion about docs or books that could come in
handy please let me know, well it's time to go read infrastructure
wikis.

Daniele.

--
Daniele Catanesi
Network Engineer

Old 02-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Mike McGrath

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, Daniele Catanesi wrote:

> Hello to all the list,
>
> even if I subscribed to the list and joined the Fedora Project some time ago, first as translator later as part of the
> infrastructure group but due to some problems (motorbike accident, relocation and some other RL issues) I was not even
> able to start participating in the list/group activities nor attend meetings and such...
>
> Now that everything is back to normality I want even more to get involved in the project at the next level, of course I
> have to take some time read all the Infrastructure docs/wikis all over but I'll do that with pleasure.
>
> Just a few notes about me, I'm a network Engineer and trainer in life working often with Open Source technologies and
> Linux (Fedora, RHEL and Centos distribution) as a sysadmin while trying to learn something new everyday
>
> I'm working toward my RHCE (I should have sit the exam last January but I could not due to the above happenings) and I
> think can benefit me more than applying what I study.
>
> If anyone has any suggestion about docs or books that could come in handy please let me know, well it's time to go read
> infrastructure wikis.

Welcome Daniele, please do read up on the wiki. We also have weekly
meetings on Thursday at 20:00 UTC on irc.freenode.net in #fedora-meeting.
Attending those are a good way to get to know how we operate. let us know
if you have any questions after reading through our wiki.

-Mike

Old 02-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Daniele Catanesi

[...]

Hi and thanks Mike,

*

I was wondering if meeting was always on Thursday or the scheduled was
changed, I've attended a few of them and you even added me to the
sysadmin group but then I disappeared

Thanks for your suggestion!

Daniele.

--