Old 01-21-2010, 04:59 AM
yancy ribbens

Default Introduction and Notes of Experience

Greetings!

This email is to
introduce myself and to list some notes about my experience.*
I'm very excited about being a part of the Fedora Project and feel I
have much to contribute.

My experience with computer systems
dates to an old 8088 running MS-DOS 6.22.* Only in the last
couple years have I made the switch to open source.* I would
consider my experience with Linux and Unix systems to be fairly
beginner to intermediate at this point.* I'm proficient on the
command line and hope to grow my experience in scripting
languages.

I hold an associates in applied sciences with a
focus of computer networking.* During the day, I work as a
support technician doing basic desktop support and network
troubleshooting.* I'm part of a large team and I enjoy working
and communicating with them daily.

My reason for joining the
Fedora Project is both for personal enjoyment and for professional
development.

I look forward to learning more about
the infrastructure group and contributing to the Project in any way
possible.

Thanks for your time,

Yancy
"yawns" Ribbens

yancy.ribbens@gmail.com

Minneapolis, MN

Old 01-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, yancy ribbens wrote:

> Greetings!
>

> This email is to introduce myself and to list some notes about my experience.* I'm very excited about being a part of the
> Fedora Project and feel I have much to contribute.
>
> My experience with computer systems dates to an old 8088 running MS-DOS 6.22.* Only in the last couple years have I made
> the switch to open source.* I would consider my experience with Linux and Unix systems to be fairly beginner to
> intermediate at this point.* I'm proficient on the command line and hope to grow my experience in scripting languages.
>
> I hold an associates in applied sciences with a focus of computer networking.* During the day, I work as a support
> technician doing basic desktop support and network troubleshooting.* I'm part of a large team and I enjoy working and
> communicating with them daily.
>
> My reason for joining the Fedora Project is both for personal enjoyment and for professional development.
>
> I look forward to learning more about the infrastructure group and contributing to the Project in any way possible.

Welcome Yancy, Was there a particular FIG you were interested in
participating with?

-Mike______________________________________________ _
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org

Old 01-22-2010, 05:10 AM
yancy ribbens

[...]

Mike,

Thanks for the response.*
Looking through the list of FIGs, I found hosting to be appealing.*
General maintenance and administration would be a good fit for me at
this point.* I also noticed on some earlier emails that there
are holes in coverage that perhaps I could help fill.

Please
let me know who would be a good person to reach out to in regards to
hosting.

Thanks,

-Yancy

Old 01-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Mike McGrath

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, yancy ribbens wrote:

> On 01/21/2010 08:33 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, yancy ribbens wrote:
>

> Greetings!
>

> This email is to introduce myself and to list some notes about my experience.* I'm very excited about being a part of the
> Fedora Project and feel I have much to contribute.
>
> My experience with computer systems dates to an old 8088 running MS-DOS 6.22.* Only in the last couple years have I made
> the switch to open source.* I would consider my experience with Linux and Unix systems to be fairly beginner to
> intermediate at this point.* I'm proficient on the command line and hope to grow my experience in scripting languages.
>
> I hold an associates in applied sciences with a focus of computer networking.* During the day, I work as a support
> technician doing basic desktop support and network troubleshooting.* I'm part of a large team and I enjoy working and
> communicating with them daily.
>
> My reason for joining the Fedora Project is both for personal enjoyment and for professional development.
>
> I look forward to learning more about the infrastructure group and contributing to the Project in any way possible.
>

> Welcome Yancy, Was there a particular FIG you were interested in
> participating with?
>
> -Mike

> Mike,
>

> Thanks for the response.* Looking through the list of FIGs, I found hosting to be appealing.* General maintenance and
> administration would be a good fit for me at this point.* I also noticed on some earlier emails that there are holes in
> coverage that perhaps I could help fill.
>
> Please let me know who would be a good person to reach out to in regards to hosting.

Stop by #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net and we'll find someone for you.