Old 12-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default List migration and fedora-india list

To infrastructure team,

As noted in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-December/msg00011.html,
fedora-india list is moving from redhat.com to lists.fedoraproject.org
and the new location will be indian-users@lists.fp.o

Although this is good for consistency, when I created this list, it was
never intended to be a end user focussed list and the focus is on
discussions between contributors. Unlike, other user lists, the
discussions are in English and not in the native tongues (because we
have so many different languages) and there is not much of a benefit to
having a user specific regional list. IMO, it is better to name it
something like indian-community@lists.fp.o

Copying fedora-india list for other opinions.

Rahul

Old 12-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Jon Stanley

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Although this is good for consistency, when I created this list, it was
> never intended to be a end user focussed list and the focus is on
> discussions between contributors. Unlike, other user lists, the

We can do that

Old 12-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 12/22/2009 02:51 AM, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Rahul Sundaram
> wrote:
>
>> Although this is good for consistency, when I created this list, it was
>> never intended to be a end user focussed list and the focus is on
>> discussions between contributors. Unlike, other user lists, the
>
> We can do that

We can do what?

Rahul

Old 12-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Jon Stanley

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> We can do what?

Oops. somehow quoted an entirely irrelevant portion of your message

We can call the list whatever you like. indian-community sounds as
good as any to me.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 12/22/2009 03:57 AM, Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Rahul Sundaram
> wrote:
>
>> We can do what?
>
> Oops. somehow quoted an entirely irrelevant portion of your message
>
> We can call the list whatever you like. indian-community sounds as
> good as any to me.

Alright. Great. Since the list is copied on these discussions, they can
suggest alternative/better names for the list as well.

Rahul

Old 12-21-2009, 10:36 PM
sankarshan

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:01 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 12/22/2009 03:57 AM, Jon Stanley wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Rahul Sundaram
>> wrote:
>>
>>> We can do what?
>>
>> Oops. somehow quoted an entirely irrelevant portion of your message
>>
>> We can call the list whatever you like. indian-community sounds as
>> good as any to me.
>
> Alright. Great. Since the list is copied on these discussions, they can
> suggest alternative/better names for the list as well.

indian-community sounds good to me.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>

Old 12-21-2009, 10:52 PM
susmit shannigrahi

> indian-community sounds good to me.

+1.

Susmit.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:26 AM
Ankur Sinha

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 05:22 +0530, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
> > indian-community sounds good to me.
>
> +1.

hey,

It isn't discussion if everyone quietly gives a +1

how about "ud-india@.."? or "FUD-india@..."?

UD = users and developers like in FUDCon

or "community-india@.." rather than "indian-community@..."?

regards,

Ankur

Old 12-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Ankur Sinha

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 12:34 +0530, Manilal K M wrote:

> >> +1.
> >>

> > hey,
> >
> > It isn't discussion if everyone quietly gives a +1
> >

> > how about "ud-india@.."? or "FUD-india@..."?
> >
> > UD = users and developers like in FUDCon
> >
> > or "community-india@.." rather than "indian-community@..."?
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Ankur
> It seems FUD has a different meaning. Please refer
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fud
>
> Why not just use "indians", such as indians@lists..
> IMO, "indians" will cover all the levels(newbies, experts) and
> types(end-users, developers, etc ) of people
>
> --
> Manilal K M : മണിലാല്* കെ എം.
> http://libregeek.blogspot.com

hey,

I hadn't thought of "fud" like that. apologies.

Ankur