Old 12-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Default Community infrastructure talk

On 12/14/2009 09:36 PM, Frederic Hornain wrote:

Dear *,

Would someone be interested to make a talk on Fedora Community
infrastructure at FOSDEM'10 - Belgium -?

* FedoraCommunity, opensourced LaunchPad, Bugzilla extensions, etc...

BTW, as the rule have changed at FOSDEM, you will do your talk with
other distributions on the same subject.
Thanks for your time and your help.

Sure, here's a candidate!

-- Jeroen

Old 12-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Would someone be interested to make a talk on Fedora Community
infrastructure at FOSDEM'10 - Belgium -?

* FedoraCommunity, opensourced LaunchPad, Bugzilla extensions, etc...

BTW, as the rule have changed at FOSDEM, you will do your talk with
other distributions on the same subject.
Thanks for your time and your help.

Sure, here's a candidate!

I already asked permission from our fearless leader;

[22:51:30] <kanarip> mmcgrath, that is, if you'll let me go tete-a-tete
with other distributions on the topic of infrastructure ;-)))

-- Jeroen

Old 12-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Frederic Hornain

Dear *,

FYI, Ralph from CentOS community is going to so a talk about infrastructure.

Hi,

I'd like to propose a talk/discussion panel around mirror

infrastructure management:

*- How are new mirrors accepted?

*- How do you administer / attend to the database of mirrors?

*- How are mirrors checked for freshness?

*- How do you work with Geo localization?

As before. I can tell something about how the CentOS project is doing

this, but I see this more as a panel, where other distributions also

talk shortly about how they manage their mirrors and then things can

be discussed.

This also should be interesting for other projects taking care of

their own mirrors (maybe someone from a large project might add to

that discussion, too).

Regards,

Ralph

As you have got the same problems, If you are interested to join him in this talk and have discussion/brainstorming about it feel free to contact me.

Best Regards
Frederic

Old 12-19-2009, 05:03 AM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

That's all nice and dandy, but not much of a topic to discuss no matter what your thoughts are.

When it concerns how and through what mirror your data is available to your consumers you also have entirely different motives compared to making sure your *own* infrastructure runs fashionably well.

If it were up to me, I have zero interest in discussing this specific topic presented as such.

-- Jeroen