Old 12-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Mike McGrath

Default Reminder about the test servers

If you are in sysadmin-test or have access to the publictest servers,
please note those servers aren't for general purpose whatever you want to
use them for servers.

You've been granted access to them to work on specific projects, if a new
project comes up please file an RFR and discuss on the list before you
start working on it.

-Mike

Old 12-03-2009, 12:45 AM
susmit shannigrahi

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> If you are in sysadmin-test or have access to the publictest servers,
> please note those servers aren't for general purpose whatever you want to
> use them for servers.
>
> You've been granted access to them to work on specific projects, if a new
> project comes up please file an RFR and discuss on the list before you
> start working on it.

Does this applies to the software that I may want to test for
different fedora related projects? I ask this question because I use
pt15/16 for that often.

Susmit.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, susmit shannigrahi wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:29 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> > If you are in sysadmin-test or have access to the publictest servers,
> > please note those servers aren't for general purpose whatever you want to
> > use them for servers.
> >
> > You've been granted access to them to work on specific projects, if a new
> > project comes up please file an RFR and discuss on the list before you
> > start working on it.
>

> Does this applies to the software that I may want to test for
> different fedora related projects? I ask this question because I use
> pt15/16 for that often.

Depends, if you're testing things for the calendaring system for example,
it's expected that you'd be trying several packages out. If you suddenly
install snort because you want to see about setting it up, that would need
an RFR.

-Mike