Old 12-02-2009, 01:12 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Docs Installation Guide - Submission and Download problem

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 09:47:32AM +0200, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:32 AM, Ruediger Landmann <r.landmann@redhat.com> wrote:

> >> Today again I am facing this problem when committing
> >> docs-Installation-Guide.
> >
> > And Noriko was facing it with the Installation Guide yesterday; she couldn't
> > download the PO file. I verified this as well; none of the view or download
> > links worked for any language.
>
> Rudi, you could clear the cache and refresh it.
>
> Otherwise, please ping me or diegobz on IRC to figure out the problem.
>
> FWIW, Fedora still runs an old version of Tx.

If the Infrastructure is out of its freeze period now, this would be a
good time to contemplate updating the Fedora Transifex instance. Is
that already planned?

Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 09:47:32AM +0200, Dimitris Glezos wrote:

> > > And Noriko was facing it with the Installation Guide yesterday; she couldn't
> > > download the PO file. I verified this as well; none of the view or download
> > > links worked for any language.
> >
> > Rudi, you could clear the cache and refresh it.
> >
> > Otherwise, please ping me or diegobz on IRC to figure out the problem.
> >
> > FWIW, Fedora still runs an old version of Tx.
>
> If the Infrastructure is out of its freeze period now, this would be a
> good time to contemplate updating the Fedora Transifex instance. Is
> that already planned?

We did a monthly update just yesterday, I just logged in and checked and
transifex was not updated. This means it's still got an older package in
EPEL - 0.5.2 to be exact.

-Mike

Old 12-02-2009, 06:30 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 08:23:40AM -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Dec 2009, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 09:47:32AM +0200, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> > > FWIW, Fedora still runs an old version of Tx.
> >
> > If the Infrastructure is out of its freeze period now, this would be a
> > good time to contemplate updating the Fedora Transifex instance. Is
> > that already planned?
> >

> We did a monthly update just yesterday, I just logged in and checked and
> transifex was not updated. This means it's still got an older package in
> EPEL - 0.5.2 to be exact.

OK -- Diego has access to that package's EL-5 branch according to the
pkgdb application:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/transifex

Diego, would it be helpful for someone to file a bug in Bugzilla to
ask for this update? If so, I can do that.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:32 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 10:22:44PM +0530, Runa Bhattacharjee wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>

> >If the Infrastructure is out of its freeze period now, this would
> >be a good time to contemplate updating the Fedora Transifex
> >instance. Is that already planned?
> >

> We are waiting for an upgrade to v 0.7 at present, primarily for compliance with
> the new version of publican, which would cut down the current issues that we are
> facing with the jumbo sized books (statistics missing, timeouts during
> submission etc.). Diego has already outlined the necessary steps required to get
> the upgrade going [1]. However, we may need a few volunteers to complete this.
>
> hth
>
> Thanks
> Runa
>
> [1] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1455

Argh, I sent my reply just now without having seen this. Darn mail
sync! Sorry about the crossed wires; I'll consult the ticket for
details.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:58 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 10:51:59AM +0200, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> 2009/12/3 Ruediger Landmann <r.landmann@redhat.com>:
> > On 12/02/2009 05:47 PM, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> >>
> >> Rudi, you could clear the cache and refresh it.
> >>

> > Really? How do I do that? I'd thought that a button like that would be useful for the
> > maintainer of a project
>
> This button is available on the web interface on component pages for
> maintainers.
>
> > , not least of which because changes to a POT in the repo don't automatically
> > trigger a refresh (of course!) while submissions of updated POs do.
>
> This functionality has been available in Transifex for a while, it's
> just that Fedora is still running an old (and unmaintained) version.

Diego posted the summary of what needs to be done here:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1455#comment:10

In short, we need a few people to step up and help with the process
Diego posted.

We already do have a L10n Admin group[1] that should be overseeing and
managing this process, to ensure a successful rollout for translators.
Their charter is to maintain the infrastructure for translators, and
this clearly falls into that area. I've heard from two of the people
in that group that they can't do all this work themselves, but haven't
heard from Ankit or Asgeir about it.

What I would suggest is that Diego should help with bullet #4 on that
list, as it probably requires the greatest degree of specific
technical knowledge, in this case a database upgrade. The rest of the
work on that ticket could likely be done entirely by the remainder of
the team, maybe with limited input from Diego. It would be helpful
for Asgeir or Ankit to help manage this set of tasks in collaboration
with Diego, who has appropriate package access. (I'm cc'ing Ignacio
directly as well, so he can add appropriate CVS access for any other
people who are willing to help maintain the EL-5 package used on our
Infrastructure.)

Without help, it's doubtful there will be a new Transifex rolled out,
and that means some of the problems people are experiencing will
continue, even though they're already fixed upstream. I'm cc'ing the
docs, devel, and infrastructure lists to see if any of the people in
areas well served by translators are willing to help see this project
through. It's time to pull together, guys, and see if we can help the
translators who give so much across the whole Fedora Project.

* * *
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Tools#Website

Old 12-09-2009, 10:58 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Old 12-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Noriko Mizumoto

Paul W. Frields さんは書きました:

[...]

Thanks Paul,
We are very much appreciated if any of you guys can give a hand to L10n
team this time, as by coincidence both of Ankit and Asgeir are having
leave (most likely traveling) and they might not be able have connection
at all.

I like to add brother i18n team as well.

noriko

* * *
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Tools#Website