Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 PM
susmit shannigrahi

Default Is there F11/12 test boxes around?

Hi,

When I try to test TG2 apps on publictest machines, they shout about
python 2.4 and what not.
Is there a spare machine which runs python 2.6? If yes, I could use it.
Thanks.

Susmit.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Darren VanBuren

I hadn't heard of any rebuilds of pt machines to F11 or F12. You might
be able to rebuild one machine, but I don't know any free pt boxes
that are currently Fedora, the ones I know are free are RHEL.

Darren VanBuren
-------------------------
Sent from my iPod

Take control of your desktop with Fedora 11. Reign. http://fedoraproject.org/

On Nov 24, 2009, at 7:45, susmit shannigrahi

Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 09:15:32PM +0530, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to test TG2 apps on publictest machines, they shout about
> python 2.4 and what not.
> Is there a spare machine which runs python 2.6? If yes, I could use it.
> Thanks.

Fedora Community is TG2 and it runs on python2.4... Is it a dep of the
particular app that requires a newer python?

-Toshio

Old 11-24-2009, 03:37 PM
susmit shannigrahi

> Fedora Community is TG2 and it runs on python2.4... Is it a dep of the
> particular app that requires a newer python?

Nah, the problem I am having is:
easy_install -U pysqlite
is not working for last few hours.
(Download error: (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution') -- Some
packages may not be found! )

Susmit.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:42 PM
susmit shannigrahi

> easy_install -U pysqlite
> is not working for last few hours.

http://pastebin.com/m343eee84
Thanks.

Susmit.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:12:14PM +0530, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
> > easy_install -U pysqlite
> > is not working for last few hours.
>
> http://pastebin.com/m343eee84
> Thanks.

AFAIK, pysqlite has moved to googlecode -- if something is redirecting to
pysqlite.org, then that needs to be fixed pysqlite side. In the meantime,
is there a reason that yum install python-sqlite2 doesn't give you what you
need?

-Toshio

Old 11-24-2009, 04:25 PM
susmit shannigrahi

> AFAIK, pysqlite has moved to googlecode -- if something is redirecting to
> pysqlite.org, then that needs to be fixed pysqlite side. *In the meantime,
> is there a reason that yum install python-sqlite2 doesn't give you what you
> need?

python-sqlite2 and the libs were there, I had to install pysqlite from source.
Now that I have solved it, it now complains about
sqlalchemy.exc.ProgrammingError:.
I can get it working, that's not the problem, but was looking for a
easy solution

Susmit.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:45 PM
susmit shannigrahi

Thanks for all your help, I can do without F11/12 for a few more days.
The problems are fixed finally.

Susmit.