Old 11-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Mike McGrath

Default iptables heads up

I just moved several hosts to using our new iptables module from the old
configs template. It shouldn't have any impact on the firewalls as the
rules haven't changed. But if people see anything... odd going on. Let
me know.

-Mike

Old 11-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Todd Zullinger

Mike McGrath wrote:
> I just moved several hosts to using our new iptables module from the
> old configs template. It shouldn't have any impact on the firewalls
> as the rules haven't changed. But if people see anything... odd
> going on. Let me know.

In the "No good deed goes unpunished" category:

[tmz@proxy1 ~]$ sudo /usr/sbin/puppetd -tv
Password:
info: Retrieving plugins
err: Could not retrieve catalog: Failed to parse template system/ip6tables-template.conf.erb: Could not find value for 'custom' at /var/lib/puppet/git/manifests/servergroups/proxy.pp:865 on node proxy1.fedora.phx.redhat.com
warning: Not using cache on failed catalog

Old 11-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Mike McGrath

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> Mike McGrath wrote:
> > I just moved several hosts to using our new iptables module from the
> > old configs template. It shouldn't have any impact on the firewalls
> > as the rules haven't changed. But if people see anything... odd
> > going on. Let me know.
>
> In the "No good deed goes unpunished" category:
>
> [tmz@proxy1 ~]$ sudo /usr/sbin/puppetd -tv
> Password:
> info: Retrieving plugins
> err: Could not retrieve catalog: Failed to parse template system/ip6tables-template.conf.erb: Could not find value for 'custom' at /var/lib/puppet/git/manifests/servergroups/proxy.pp:865 on node proxy1.fedora.phx.redhat.com
> warning: Not using cache on failed catalog

K, got that fixed. Curious that puppet didn't email us about that.

-Mike