Old 11-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Andreas Osowski

Default Introduction -- new subscriber

Hello,
My name is Andreas Osowski, I've been a Packager for the past ~6 months
and joining Infrastructure has been on my todo-list for quite some time.
After all, there is far more to Fedora than just Packaging
I started using GNU/Linux on a regular base about 4 years ago, going from
Debian to Fedora (and eventually from there on to Gentoo and back )
I've been a sysadmin at my school for the past 3 years where we are using
a Linux distribution for schools (called Musterlösung) using PSQL,
LDAP, Moodle and Linbo (an OSS solution for self-healing workstations).
During the past few years, I have been running and administering various
dedicated (and home) servers mostly based upon Gentoo Hardened, Debian or
CentOS.
I'm on good terms with RoR and Python and have used TurboGears from time to time in the
past, mainly for recreational projects. I've been using Java and C++
for the past 4 years, too, but I am more interested in other areas right now.

So yeah, I guess that I'm most interested in sysadmin-web for now, but I'm
still unsure here; it might be a good start.

By joining the sysadmin group I hope to be able to refine my skills in
sysadmin matters and eventually become better in web development, too

Regards,

Andreas

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Th0br0

Old 11-24-2009, 02:11 AM
Mike McGrath

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Andreas Osowski wrote:

> Hello,
> My name is Andreas Osowski, I've been a Packager for the past ~6 months
> and joining Infrastructure has been on my todo-list for quite some time.
> After all, there is far more to Fedora than just Packaging
> I started using GNU/Linux on a regular base about 4 years ago, going from
> Debian to Fedora (and eventually from there on to Gentoo and back )
> I've been a sysadmin at my school for the past 3 years where we are using
> a Linux distribution for schools (called Musterlösung) using PSQL,
> LDAP, Moodle and Linbo (an OSS solution for self-healing workstations).
> During the past few years, I have been running and administering various
> dedicated (and home) servers mostly based upon Gentoo Hardened, Debian or
> CentOS.
> I'm on good terms with RoR and Python and have used TurboGears from time to time in the
> past, mainly for recreational projects. I've been using Java and C++
> for the past 4 years, too, but I am more interested in other areas right now.
>
> So yeah, I guess that I'm most interested in sysadmin-web for now, but I'm
> still unsure here; it might be a good start.
>
> By joining the sysadmin group I hope to be able to refine my skills in
> sysadmin matters and eventually become better in web development, too

Welcome, if you've used TG in the past you'll fit right in here. We use
it a lot. Stop by #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net and we'll find
something for you.

Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com