Old 11-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Rene Purcell

Default Introduction New subscriber - Contributor

Hi all,
My name is René Jr Purcell and I'd like to join the Fedora community and I think the Infrastructure group is a good place to start!

I started using Linux with Slackware 4.0, I remember all those night trying to understand this "new way of thinking and using computer" I had a lot of fun and I really started to understand and have fun after few weeks of work trying LFS (Linux From Scratch).

I've been working as a Linux administrator for ther past 6 years, working with Suse linux enterprise server, RHEL and CentOS. During the past two years I got my CLP and RHCE certification which push me to try and use RedHat product. For now I'm trying to learn the administration of Oracle on Linux and I'm working hard to become a master of RHEV. I'm using Fedora daily, since Core 3 and I appreciate the work done by the community and I think it's the time for me to give back!

Just like Ashley Biar ( who posted yesterday ) I'm not sure where I can start helping, I would like to learn first how everyone work together on the project, where are the biggest needs and I'll see later.. For now my main interest are the system administration and I'm trying to find if my knowledge of RPM could lead me to maintain/package rpms.

Looking forward to see/chat with you on IRC.

Regards
René Jr Purcell

Old 11-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Mike McGrath

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Rene Purcell wrote:

> Hi all,
> My name is René Jr Purcell and I'd like to join the Fedora community and I think the Infrastructure group is a good place
> to start!
>
> I started using Linux with Slackware 4.0, I remember all those night trying to understand this "new way of thinking and
> using computer" I had a lot of fun and I really started to understand and have fun after few weeks of work trying LFS
> (Linux From Scratch).
>
> I've been working as a Linux administrator for ther past 6 years, working with Suse linux enterprise server, RHEL and
> CentOS. During the past two years I got my CLP and RHCE certification which push me to try and use RedHat product. For
> now I'm trying to learn the administration of Oracle on Linux and I'm working hard to become a master of RHEV. I'm using
> Fedora daily, since Core 3 and I appreciate the work done by the community and I think it's the time for me to give back!
>
> Just like Ashley Biar ( who posted yesterday ) I'm not sure where I can start helping, I would like to learn first how
> everyone work together on the project, where are the biggest needs and I'll see later.. For now my main interest are the
> system administration and I'm trying to find if my knowledge of RPM could lead me to maintain/package rpms.
>
> Looking forward to see/chat with you on IRC.

Getting a feel for things is always good, make sure you stop by
#fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net and make yourself known.

Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com