Old 11-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default PackageDB 0.5.x branched

This is just a notice that PackageDB development is shifting to the 0.5.x
branch and what that means if you have a checkout for hacking.

First, the big news is that 0.5.x has been branched. We'll be working on
stabilizing this with the goal of having a working version before Fedora
13 alpha (Currently scheduled for 2010-02-09). We'll have test releases
on https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/ before that time.

0.4.x is in maintainance mode. There probably won't be another release off
of this branch although I will be committing any hotfixes that we generate
for Fedora Infrastructure to it.

If you want to work with 0.5.x the command to check it out is::

bzr branch bzr+ssh://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/packagedb/0.5.x

If you presently have an 0.4.x branch that you'd like to switch over to the
0.5.x branch, you'll need to do::

cd 0.4.x
bzr merge bzr+ssh://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/packagedb/0.5.x
# Take care of any conflicts
bzr commit
bzr pull --remember bzr+ssh://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/packagedb/0.5.x
# Next time you push, use --remember as well to switch the branch you push
# to by default
# bzr push --remember bzr+ssh://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/packagedb/0.5.x

If you have changes that are going to change the API, are big changes, or
destabilize things, please let me know and we can decide whether there's
time to push them to 0.5.x or if they should go to fedora-packagedb-devel.
We will be pushing a few more planned features to the 0.5.x branch but in
general, we have a schedule to hit so we need to concentrate on getting the
required features stable by the deadline.

There are several big new features in the 0.5.x version and a reorganization
of quite a bit of the code so I'll be spending quite a lot of my time
working on this. If you need me for something else, I'll be on IRC but
this is just a warning that I may not be able to help with random things
as much as usual.

-Toshio