Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Ashley Biar

Default New Subscriber - Introduction

Hi All,

My name is Ash and I have just joined the Fedora Infrastructure group.
I've been playing around with Fedora in my spare time (when I could be bothered :P) since 'Core 6', and only recently have I become more eager to discover more about the OS.

I built a file server for home on Fedora 10 a while ago, and will be performing a fresh install of Fedora 12 - once the download finishes.

I have been working as a Unix Administrator for the past 18 months primarily working with HP-UX and RHEL3, along with IBM and EMC based SAN storage.

I also have some experience with HP Data Protector 5.5. Out backup infrastructure consists of 2 physical tape libraries and 2 virtual tape libraries.

I would like to participate in the fedora project in some way, however I'm not too sure what I can offer - I thought I'd check it out.

Kind Regards,

Ashley Biar.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Ashley Biar wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> My name is Ash and I have just joined the Fedora Infrastructure group.
> I've been playing around with Fedora in my spare time (when I could be bothered :P) since 'Core 6', and only recently
> have I become more eager to discover more about the OS.
> I built a file server for home on Fedora 10 a while ago, and will be performing a fresh install of Fedora 12 - once the
> download finishes.
>
> I have been working as a Unix Administrator for the past 18 months primarily working with HP-UX and RHEL3, along with IBM
> and EMC based SAN storage.
> I also have some experience with HP Data Protector 5.5. Out backup infrastructure consists of 2 physical tape libraries
> and 2 virtual tape libraries.
>

> I would like to participate in the fedora project in some way, however I'm not too sure what I can offer - I thought I'd
> check it out.

Sounds like you're in the right place. Have you seen our getting started
page?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

-Mike