FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Infrastructure

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Seth Vidal
 
Default scripts that need to be updated to f11? f12

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:


On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:


puppet/modules/scripts/files/maps/maps.sh was not updated to f11. Is
it still being used?

I have attached a proposed patch to cover those changes. Please let me
know if I can commit them.



is this the thing that generates the ambassador map stuff or these things?

http://fedoraproject.org/maps/

If it's the latter, I'm down for getting those fixed. They're fairly
neglected.



Wasn't that intentionally disabled?

-sv

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 11-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Mike McGrath
 
Default scripts that need to be updated to f11? f12

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Seth Vidal wrote:

>
>
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> >
> > > puppet/modules/scripts/files/maps/maps.sh was not updated to f11. Is
> > > it still being used?
> > >
> > > I have attached a proposed patch to cover those changes. Please let me
> > > know if I can commit them.
> > >
> >
> > is this the thing that generates the ambassador map stuff or these things?
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/maps/
> >
> > If it's the latter, I'm down for getting those fixed. They're fairly
> > neglected.
> >
>
> Wasn't that intentionally disabled?
>

It was but I think only because it didn't work after some upgrades and no
one was willing to fix it.

-Mike

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 11-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Stephen John Smoogen
 
Default scripts that need to be updated to f11? f12

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>>
>>> puppet/modules/scripts/files/maps/maps.sh was not updated to f11. Is
>>> it still being used?
>>>
>>> I have attached a proposed patch to cover those changes. Please let me
>>> know if I can commit them.
>>>
>>
>> is this the thing that generates the ambassador map stuff or these things?
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/maps/
>>
>> If it's the latter, I'm down for getting those fixed. *They're fairly
>> neglected.
>>
>
> Wasn't that intentionally disabled?

Well the scripts are still in puppet and are pushed out to log1 and
seem to be run on log1 so I am not sure where its disabled. I am going
to see if I can figure out why its b0rked and fix unless there is a
reason to remove it completely.

Are there any other places that f12 needs to be added in scripts?

> -sv
>
> _______________________________________________
> Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
> Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
>



--
Stephen J Smoogen.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Or what's a heaven for?
-- Robert Browning

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 11-14-2009, 02:15 AM
Seth Vidal
 
Default scripts that need to be updated to f11? f12

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:


On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Seth Vidal wrote:







Wasn't that intentionally disabled?



It was but I think only because it didn't work after some upgrades and no
one was willing to fix it.



I thought it was for political reasons having to do with country-of-origin
of some people...


Ahem.

ask paul.

-sv

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 11-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Matt Domsch
 
Default scripts that need to be updated to f11? f12

>On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:15:03PM -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:
> >On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Seth Vidal wrote:
> >>Wasn't that intentionally disabled?
> >>
> >
> >It was but I think only because it didn't work after some upgrades and no
> >one was willing to fix it.
> >
>
> I thought it was for political reasons having to do with country-of-origin
> of some people...

Location is one field that will be hidden if a user selects to make
their account profile non-public, or if they don't include a location.
When we updated the privacy policy, we did that intentionally so we
could produce maps, but let people opt in/out of being represented on
the maps.

Someone recently (Susmit?) started generating world maps for all
groups. I thought that was pretty cool.

MirrorManager's map of mirrors broke because of a major matplotlib
update in EPEL that changed the APIs, and I haven't gone back to
figure out how to fix it up.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 11-14-2009, 12:47 PM
susmit shannigrahi
 
Default scripts that need to be updated to f11? f12

> Someone recently (Susmit?) started generating world maps for all
> groups. *I thought that was pretty cool.

Yes, that was me.
http://publictest16.fedoraproject.org/membership-map/html/
Nice that you find it cool.



> MirrorManager's map of mirrors broke because of a major matplotlib
> update in EPEL that changed the APIs, and I haven't gone back to
> figure out how to fix it up.

Should you wish, I can migrate these static maps to zoom-able maps
like the above ones.

Thanks.


--
Regards,
Susmit.

=============================================
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/user:susmit
=============================================

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 11-15-2009, 09:12 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default scripts that need to be updated to f11? f12

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 08:13:06PM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> >
> > On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> >>
> >>> puppet/modules/scripts/files/maps/maps.sh was not updated to f11. Is
> >>> it still being used?
> >>>
> >>> I have attached a proposed patch to cover those changes. Please let me
> >>> know if I can commit them.
> >>>
> >>
> >> is this the thing that generates the ambassador map stuff or these things?
> >>
> >> http://fedoraproject.org/maps/
> >>
> >> If it's the latter, I'm down for getting those fixed. *They're fairly
> >> neglected.
> >>
> >
> > Wasn't that intentionally disabled?
>
> Well the scripts are still in puppet and are pushed out to log1 and
> seem to be run on log1 so I am not sure where its disabled. I am going
> to see if I can figure out why its b0rked and fix unless there is a
> reason to remove it completely.
>
> Are there any other places that f12 needs to be added in scripts?

On the log hosts:
/etc/cron.daily/zfedoraUsage.sh

I rely on that pretty heavily for weekly statistics counts.

--
Paul W. Frields http://paul.frields.org/
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://redhat.com/ - - - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org