Old 11-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Tareq Al Jurf

Default We can make fedora easier.

Hi all
I think that we should change somethings in fedora that would make it easier.
Things that whenever a new person starts fedora for the first time would change them.
For example whenever i start fedora for the first time i change the behavior of the folders and make them open in browser

can we make that default? Because i think most people do that.

Regards
--
Tareq Al Jurf
Fedora Ambassador

Old 11-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Tristan Santore

I think that we should change somethings in fedora that would make it
easier.

Things that whenever a new person starts fedora for the first time
would change them.

For example whenever i start fedora for the first time i change the
behavior of the folders and make them open in browser

can we make that default? Because i think most people do that.

Regards

--

Tareq Al Jurf

Fedora Ambassador

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

taljurf@fedoraproject.org

Tareq,

this is the infrastructure list. So your suggestion is off-topic here.

However, you might want to make that suggestion to the RelEng people.

Regards,

Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE

Thawte Notary

TSantore@fedoraproject.org

Old 11-13-2009, 02:25 PM
susmit shannigrahi

> Hi all
> I think that we should change somethings in fedora that would make it
> easier.
> Things that whenever a new person starts fedora for the first time would
> change them.
> For example whenever i start fedora for the first time i change the behavior
> of the folders and make them open in browser
> can we make that default? Because i think most people do that.

This post goes to fedora-devel list.

Susmit.

Old 11-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Nicu Buculei

I think that we should change somethings in fedora that would make it
easier.
Things that whenever a new person starts fedora for the first time would
change them.
For example whenever i start fedora for the first time i change the behavior
of the folders and make them open in browser
can we make that default? Because i think most people do that.

This post goes to fedora-devel list.

No, that is a setting affecting the spins, in this case is the
competency of the Desktop list (the desktop spin is the default).
However, the people in charge of that noted multiple times they have no
intention of diverging from upstream here, and id the setting should be
the other way then the change must be applied upstream.