Old 11-08-2009, 03:44 PM
"Nick Bebout"

Default NA requests update

Probably was the email from me. I forgot to send from my fedora email.

I'll discuss it with the rest of the infra team. It may be possible that
we could consider opening and closing the freemedia form as a planned
change and not have to get change requests approved. Yes, change requests
can be annoying but their purpose is not to make any changes that could
break things around the time of releases. The October opening and closing
just happened to happen at the time of the f12-beta prerelease freeze, and
now we are in the f12-final freeze.

I have 1 +1, and should be able to get another one soon, as soon as I see
another sysadmin-main or releng person on IRC or as soon as they see the
email to fedora-infrastructure-list.

CC'ing this email to fedora-infrastructure-list also.

Nick

Old 11-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Matt Domsch

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 10:44:29AM -0600, Nick Bebout wrote:
> Probably was the email from me. I forgot to send from my fedora email.
>
> I'll discuss it with the rest of the infra team. It may be possible that
> we could consider opening and closing the freemedia form as a planned
> change and not have to get change requests approved. Yes, change requests
> can be annoying but their purpose is not to make any changes that could
> break things around the time of releases. The October opening and closing
> just happened to happen at the time of the f12-beta prerelease freeze, and
> now we are in the f12-final freeze.
>
> I have 1 +1, and should be able to get another one soon, as soon as I see
> another sysadmin-main or releng person on IRC or as soon as they see the
> email to fedora-infrastructure-list.

I'd be fine with granting this an exception, if we limited the scope
of the change allowed. In particular, rather than directly editing
Freemedia-form.html and adding/removing dozends of lines each time, a
1-line change in init.pp could accomplish the same thing, publishing
either the 'open' or 'closed' page as necessary. Then such a change
hitting the puppet master tree would be very limited and clearly
couldn't break other things.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO

Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 AM
susmit shannigrahi

> I'd be fine with granting this an exception, if we limited the scope
> of the change allowed. *In particular, rather than directly editing
> Freemedia-form.html and adding/removing dozends of lines each time, a
> 1-line change in init.pp could accomplish the same thing, publishing
> either the 'open' or 'closed' page as necessary. *Then such a change
> hitting the puppet master tree would be very limited and clearly
> couldn't break other things.

You are right!!!!!!
It's my fault that I never thought about it.
Thanks for pointing.

Susmit.