Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Infrastructure (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/)
-   -   Introduction (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/27558-introduction.html)

"Dapid Candra" 01-03-2008 09:30 AM

Introduction
 
Dear all,

I just joined this list and I am interested to help in fedora development.

I have been using Linux (mainly RedHat since version 4 up to 6.2, and RHEL 3 and up).

I want to help in infrastructure since I think my best experiences are in system administration, networking and security.


Please let me know what should I learn to start helping.

Thank you and regards,

Dapid Candra

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list

Mike McGrath 01-03-2008 01:21 PM

Introduction
 
On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Dapid Candra wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I just joined this list and I am interested to help in fedora development.
>
> I have been using Linux (mainly RedHat since version 4 up to 6.2, and RHEL 3
> and up).
>
> I want to help in infrastructure since I think my best experiences are in
system administration, networking and security.
>
> Please let me know what should I learn to start helping.

Security ehh? How is your selinux? Also we have a meeting today if you'd
like to attend:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings

-Mike

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list

"Dapid Candra" 01-04-2008 01:13 AM

Introduction
 
Hi Mike,

I couldn't join the meeting, it was 3 A.M here.

I am still beginner, still have to learn many things. SELinux still using default config, since my environment is quite secure.

Regards,


dC

On Jan 3, 2008 9:21 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:



On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Dapid Candra wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I just joined this list and I am interested to help in fedora development.
>
> I have been using Linux (mainly RedHat since version 4 up to
6.2, and RHEL 3
> and up).
>
> I want to help in infrastructure since I think my best experiences are in
system administration, networking and security.
>
> Please let me know what should I learn to start helping.


Security ehh? *How is your selinux? *Also we have a meeting today if you'd
like to attend:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings


* * * *-Mike

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com

https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list


_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list

"mandeep bhatia" 01-19-2008 05:37 AM

Introduction
 
Hi,
*I am mandeep from india. I am interested is developing some math apps for linux. My skills include c++(kdevelop), OpenGL, FLTK. In case there is a group here I can join please let me know.
Regards,
Mandeep

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list

Mike McGrath 01-19-2008 01:01 PM

Introduction
 
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008, mandeep bhatia wrote:

> Hi,
> I am mandeep from india. I am interested is developing some math apps for
> linux. My skills include c++(kdevelop), OpenGL, FLTK. In case there is a
> group here I can join please let me know.
> Regards,
> Mandeep
>

Hello Mandeep, if you have strong development skills perhaps joining the
Testing or Bug Triage group would be well suited to you. You can find out
more here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join#OSDeveloper

-Mike

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list

"Balaji G" 02-12-2008 05:51 AM

Introduction
 
Hi People

This is Balaji. This is my first post in this list. i am new to Ubuntu
but not to Linux :) . I am so much interested in contributing to
Ubuntu and hence have joined the MOTU list . I really look forward to
working with this great team. I am interested in fixing small bugs to
start off with and have already started reading through the packaging
guide in the Ubuntu Wiki.


Keep up the good work :)

Thanks,
Regards,
Balaji

--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu

Cesare Tirabassi 02-12-2008 08:36 AM

Introduction
 
On Tuesday 12 February 2008 07:51:05 Balaji G wrote:

>I am so much interested in contributing to Ubuntu and hence have joined the
>MOTU list .

Hi Balaji,

I'm glad you joined!

>I am interested in fixing small bugs to start off with and have already
>started reading through the packaging guide in the Ubuntu Wiki.

Thats a very good start. I can suggest you a couple of other wiki pages to
look at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment: should give you an overall view on
what is involved in the Ubuntu development process.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.tag=bitesize: lists some
bitesized bugs if you want to jump straight in

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/TODO: lists all activities we are currently
performing.

If you need help or have some questions you want answered, you could pay a
visit to the IRC freenode channel #ubuntu-motu:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat

We also have semiregular Q&A sessions on Fridays in #ubuntu-classroom, usually
around 13:00 UTC.

You should also subscribe to the ubuntu-motu-mentors mailing list where you
could find help more suitable for a newcomer.
Feel free to post any questions you have in ubuntu-motu or ubuntu-motu-mentors
or to seek help in #ubuntu-motu.

Cesare





--
Ubuntu-motu mailing list
Ubuntu-motu@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-motu

Donnell Nichols 03-25-2008 07:07 AM

Introduction
 
Hello

My name is Donnell Nichols, I am happy to be a part of the Fedora
Ambassadors group. I am currently a consultant working in information
security and critical infrastructure protection. My main area of focus
is research, development and marketing of software, products, and
equipment that can be deployed during disasters to not only protect
critical infrastructure, but also deployable platforms that will enhance
the abilities of corporations and NGO's continuity of operations plans.

I look forward to being active in helping to get the word out regarding
Fedora.

Thanks
Donnell


--
GPG key: B66C666F
Server : pgp.mit.edu
http:/www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DonnellNichols

--
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list

"Karsten 'quaid' Wade" 03-26-2008 03:25 PM

Introduction
 
On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 04:07 -0400, Donnell Nichols wrote:
> Hello
>
> My name is Donnell Nichols, I am happy to be a part of the Fedora
> Ambassadors group. I am currently a consultant working in information
> security and critical infrastructure protection. My main area of focus
> is research, development and marketing of software, products, and
> equipment that can be deployed during disasters to not only protect
> critical infrastructure, but also deployable platforms that will enhance
> the abilities of corporations and NGO's continuity of operations plans.
>
> I look forward to being active in helping to get the word out regarding
> Fedora.

Excellent Donnell, welcome and thanks for joining this worthy effort.


--
Karsten Wade, Sr. Developer Community Mgr.
Dev Fu : http://developer.redhatmagazine.com
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41
--
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list

"Grady Laksmono" 03-26-2008 03:48 PM

Introduction
 
Hi all,
I'm Grady Laksmono, I'm an undergraduate Computer Science student at
California State University, Los Angeles. I'm also an independent web
developer and consultant. I use Fedora 8 in my PC, love it, and would
like to be involved with Fedora Project. I wanted to be active and
promote Fedora by becoming Ambassador and OS Developers. I'm quite new
with Linux kernel development, but I'm a quick learner. I always want
to learn more!

Thanks,
Grady Laksmono
www.laksmono.com

--
Fedora-marketing-list mailing list
Fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-marketing-list


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:30 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.