Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Mike McGrath

Default Introduction

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Dmitry Kolesov wrote:

> Mike McGrath wrote:

> > > Hello Mike.
> > >
> > > Yes, I have seen your getting started page.
> > > I subscribed to the fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com,
> > > signed up for a Fedora Account and sent an introduction with some notes about myself.
> > > May be I have done something wrong?
> > >

> > Nope, just checking. What is your FAS username?
> >
> > -Mike
> >

> My account name in FAS is kolesovdv.

Make sure to apply for the sysadmin group. Be warned though, nagios
alerts will start coming to you.

-Mike

Old 02-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Dmitry Kolesov

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Dmitry Kolesov wrote:
>
> > Mike McGrath wrote:

> > > Nope, just checking. What is your FAS username?
> > >
> > > -Mike
> > >

> > My account name in FAS is kolesovdv.
> >

> Make sure to apply for the sysadmin group. Be warned though, nagios
> alerts will start coming to you.
>
> -Mike

I have applied for the sysadmin group, and while my status is unapproved.

-Dmitry

Old 02-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Jony Cohen

Hi, my name is Jony
I'm 24 and have a B.Sc in math & computer science
I'm working as a sysadmin/sysdba on *nuxOracle envirment for the last 5 years (the *nix includes RHEL 4,5, HP-UX, Tru64)

I've worked with clusters, web application servers and databases, where the main focus was on the DB and clusters.
I know python, perl, C, C++, Java, PLSQL and of course bash, tcsh, awk...

I guess my expirence as an Oracle DBA is not much of a use in your envirment...

my user name in FAS is cohenjo

I would like to join the
following groups sysadmin-devel and sysadmin-dba (I understand that the
2nd group is restricted, than lets start with devel...)
I guess NOC and tools would fit also...

I'd like to contribute any way I can... just let me know what i can do

- Jony

Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Thierry Sayegh De Bellis

Hi all,

my name is Thierry and while I attempted getting involved circa 2 years
ago [1] life took its toll in the form of redundancy with its aftermath
and international moves so, now that I am (somewhat) back in control,
I would love to finally get on with it and help.
As the message referenced below states I have been involved with
sysadmin for a reasonably long time and believe I can help.
My current occupation deals with a full overhaul of the monitoring
infrastructure for a public service using Nagios and a lot of packaging
on the side...

I have read the GettingStarted, my FAS username is thierry.

cheer
Thierry

[1]
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-docs-list/2006-November/msg00095.html

Old 02-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Jony Cohen

Hi,
i'm heving problems with my mail. i'm not sure if this was sent, so i'm sending it again... if it got sent then sorry...
*

Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009, Jony Cohen wrote:

> Hi, my name is Jony
> I'm 24 and have a B.Sc in math & computer science
> I'm working as a sysadmin/sysdba on *nuxOracle envirment for the last 5 years (the *nix includes RHEL 4,5, HP-UX, Tru64)
> I've worked with clusters, web application servers and databases, where the main focus was on the DB and clusters.
> I know python, perl, C, C++, Java, PLSQL and of course bash, tcsh, awk...
>
> I guess my expirence as an Oracle DBA is not much of a use in your envirment...
>
> my user name in FAS is cohenjo
>
> I would like to join the following groups sysadmin-devel and sysadmin-dba (I understand that the 2nd group is restricted,
> than lets start with devel...)
> I guess NOC and tools would fit also...
>
> I'd like to contribute any way I can... just let me know what i can do

Welcome Jony, please do apply for the sysadmin group and I'll get you
setup. Stop by #fedora-admin and come to the meeting today if you can
make it.

-Mike

Old 02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Nadim Kobeissi

Hi!
My name is Nadim. I'm a psychology sophmore and computer science minor at the Lebanese American University in Beirut, Lebanon.

I became acquainted with Fedora after deciding to try it after three years of Gentoo Linux usage on various servers and desktops I've built and maintained throughout.

I found Fedora to be an awesome distribution, and having had much experience with Gentoo server building and administration (I've set up many servers for my university and am the founder of Anapnea, the Open Gentoo Linux shell server (http://anapnea.net)), I felt that maybe I could contribute with my time and skill to help out with the Fedora project as much as I can, in whatever area I am capable to help in.

I'll be attending today's IRC fedora-meeting, and I look forward to being able to contribute!!
--
Nadim Kobeissi
http://nadim.cc

Old 03-03-2009, 05:01 PM
CyberS0nic

Hy guys, I'm very glad to joint at Fedora Infrastructure Team.

My name is Carlos Eduardo Maiolino and I'm a system administrator
since 2001/2002, and I works with Fedora since 2005.

I would like to contribute with Fedora project providing servers and
tools, tracking bugs of these same servers, etc.

If anyone wants to contact me with other instructions, follow below my contacts.

Thanks

--
Att.

Carlos Eduardo Maiolino
CyberS0nic
http://www.projetofedora.org

-------------------------

Contacts

IRC: CyberS0nic AT irc.freenode.net
ICQ: 142852055
msn: cybersonic0@gmail.com
gtalk: cybersonic0

Old 03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, CyberS0nic wrote:

> Hy guys, I'm very glad to joint at Fedora Infrastructure Team.
>
> My name is Carlos Eduardo Maiolino and I'm a system administrator
> since 2001/2002, and I works with Fedora since 2005.
>
> I would like to contribute with Fedora project providing servers and
> tools, tracking bugs of these same servers, etc.
>
> If anyone wants to contact me with other instructions, follow below my contacts.
>
> Thanks

Welcome Carlos, it was good to meet you in IRC earlier.

-Mike

Old 03-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Clifford Chandler

Hello everyone,
My name is Cliff Chandler, and I'm a student at GA State University. I'm really looking forward to being involved with Fedora. I've been using Fedora since Fedora 6, and I've been gradually using it more and more, and now I nearly depend on it. At school I do all my programming in Java, so I've become quite proficient at that, however in my free time,
I prefer to write in C and play with OpenGL and SDL. As for web development, I am comfortable with HTML/CSS, PHP (and SQL when a database is needed), and basic JavaScript. Python seems to be more important every day, so I've just started with that as well. I've checked out the infrastructure/getting started page (this message is to the infrastructure-list as well as the websites-list), but any more guidance is appreciated.

-Cliff