Old 11-14-2008, 03:51 PM
"Adli Azaddin"

Default Introduction

Hi, my name is Mohd Adli Azaddin, im from malaysia, working as a System Administrator, i am a RHCT holder (Cert #

605008355519675). Sometimes i do Web Application as a freelancer by using CMS (i created my own theme and i do simple php), and i find* fedora is a very good linux, im not much a developer, and i cant really talk to people, so count me out in the ambassadors, and i find my skills in design, could really help to contribute in fedora community.... Cheers

Old 11-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Nicu Buculei

Adli Azaddin wrote:
Hi, my name is Mohd Adli Azaddin, im from malaysia, working as a System

Welcome!

Administrator, i am a RHCT holder (Cert # 605008355519675). Sometimes i
do Web Application as a freelancer by using CMS (i created my own theme
and i do simple php), and i find fedora is a very good linux, im not
much a developer, and i cant really talk to people, so count me out in
the ambassadors, and i find my skills in design, could really help to
contribute in fedora community.... Cheers

Keep an eye on what's happening around here and do no hesitate to step
up when you find something interesting.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Nils Philippsen

Hi there,

"I'm the new one", as they say.

I've been messing with RHL, RHEL and Fedora since RHL 4.0, nowadays as a
developer, formerly as consultant, support person and sysadmin (paid
gigs that is, unpaid it's still a mix of all these). I'm experienced in
software and database design and have used and still use among others C,
Python, Perl, SQL for that. I've also done web programming with PHP
(which I'd rather forget) and nowadays TurboGears and Co.

My motivation to show up here is that until now I've only caused you
people work and I thought that I could help out with things for a
change; I thought about the web, hosted, devel/tools (what's the
difference?) FIGs. I can't say how much I can spare for Fedora
Infrastructure work and I'll probably only occasionally be able to join
the meeting (which is a tad late in my timezone), but I should still be
able to work on the odd ticket or two.

My Fedora moniker as well as IRC nickname on Freenode is "nphilipp".

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty

Old 11-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Nils Philippsen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> "I'm the new one", as they say.
>
> I've been messing with RHL, RHEL and Fedora since RHL 4.0, nowadays as a
> developer, formerly as consultant, support person and sysadmin (paid
> gigs that is, unpaid it's still a mix of all these). I'm experienced in
> software and database design and have used and still use among others C,
> Python, Perl, SQL for that. I've also done web programming with PHP
> (which I'd rather forget) and nowadays TurboGears and Co.
>
> My motivation to show up here is that until now I've only caused you
> people work and I thought that I could help out with things for a
> change; I thought about the web, hosted, devel/tools (what's the
> difference?) FIGs. I can't say how much I can spare for Fedora
> Infrastructure work and I'll probably only occasionally be able to join
> the meeting (which is a tad late in my timezone), but I should still be
> able to work on the odd ticket or two.
>
> My Fedora moniker as well as IRC nickname on Freenode is "nphilipp".

Hey Nils! Good to see you might be able to spend a few cycles here and
there helping out.

If you're more interested in the development side of thinkgs, feel free
to talk things over with me. We have a ton of TurboGears apps deployed
and there's always small and big things that need work on them.

If you have time now, there's a small interaction with the letter
paginator in pkgdb that I need to fix up but have had bigger things
constantly getting in the way.

I'm abadger1999 just in case you didn't already know that :-)

-Toshio

Old 11-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Satyajit Ranjeev

Hi,

I am Satyajit Ranjeev working as a systems administrator for a
International school in Bangkok, Thailand. I am also currently creating
a web application for the school based on Perl, MySQL, Apache running on
fedora 8.

I am a RHCE also and have been an ardent fan and user of Linux for four
years. I have experience in scripting too. I am also an Ambassador:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Satyajit

I would really love to contribute in some way and would be glad if
someone could guide me where to start with.

Satyajit Ranjeev

http://satyajitranjeev.wordpress.com

Old 12-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Michael Flack

hi everyone
just a email to introduce myself i have been using linux for about the
last 6 years at home and would like to to help out with system admin
i have had some experience with bash scripting, apache, bind, DHCP and
samba there is still a lot for me to learn and that is why i am here
i hope you guys can find something for me to do

Michael

Old 12-04-2008, 03:14 AM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Michael Flack wrote:

> hi everyone
> just a email to introduce myself i have been using linux for about the
> last 6 years at home and would like to to help out with system admin
> i have had some experience with bash scripting, apache, bind, DHCP and
> samba there is still a lot for me to learn and that is why i am here
> i hope you guys can find something for me to do

An introduction so nice, you sent it twice . Welcome! So one major
thing we look for is people who find stuff for themselves to do! Some
people just like to be assigned work but if you can find something in our
ticketing system:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/

Or in our repo that needs work (Stuff like lock files, etc)

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/fedora-infrastructure.git/

-Mike

Old 12-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Tylan Lee a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm excited to be apart of this art team, so let me introduce myself. I originally went to school for recording engineering, got hired at Apple teaching people how to use the music software, but later wanted to explore my drawing capabilities. I moved over to illustrations, learning Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. After Apple laid me off I enrolled back in college for computer information technology and systems management. I'll be graduating by the end of February, along with becoming an Adobe Certified Expert. As for design work, I create advertisements for clothing companies and models. There are two links below showing my recent design work. My main role here will probably be PromoBanners

Hello Tylan,

Welcome to Fedora Artwork mail list. As you used Adobe Illustrator and
Photoshop, I suggest to explore their equivalent Gimp and Inkscape given
your design skill. You can check Artwork wiki[1] and Design Service[2].
Happy design.

Luya