Old 08-10-2008, 02:27 AM
"Grady Laksmono"

Default Introduction

Hello,
My name is Grady Laksmono, and I've been becoming Fedora Ambassador for a while now, and since I've a technical background, I'd love to contribute to Fedora infrastructure and/or anything related with source code..

Nice to meet all of you

Cheers,
Grady

Old 08-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Grady Laksmono wrote:

Hello,
My name is Grady Laksmono, and I've been becoming Fedora Ambassador for
a while now, and since I've a technical background, I'd love to
contribute to Fedora infrastructure and/or anything related with source
code..

Hi Grady!

I tend to deal with most of the large coding projects in Infrastructure.
Welcome aboard!

Are you a python programmer? We have a large number of apps written in
python and are always looking for new people to help out there. If not,
what are your interests? I'll see if we can match you up with a project
that needs your skills!

-Toshio

Old 08-10-2008, 05:50 PM
"Grady Laksmono"

Hi Toshio,
The main language that I use for programming is Java, but I've just in love with Python and has been programming with it about 10 weeks ago for a game project using Panda 3D game engine. I'm definitely interested to do work with codes, using Python and/or any other languages such as C/C++, PHP, and Java. I listed my previous experiences (in which most of the time deal with the web development), and my technical skills at http://laksmono.com/curriculum-vitae/

I checked out https://fedorahosted.org, and I'm interested with the Amber project (https://fedorahosted.org/amber/) by reading its description. I thought that it would be very helpful to have this feature to be released in Fedora 10.

Cheers,
Grady Laksmono
www.laksmono.com

Old 08-10-2008, 06:48 PM
"Sri Ram"

Hi,
I am Sriram, I am interested in designing. I am familiar with GIMP ,Inkscape*etc... *I can design wallpapers and icons.
I have several ideas. Someone guide me for fedora.......

Old 08-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Grady Laksmono wrote:

Hi Toshio,
The main language that I use for programming is Java, but I've just in
love with Python and has been programming with it about 10 weeks ago for
a game project using Panda 3D game engine. I'm definitely interested to
do work with codes, using Python and/or any other languages such as
C/C++, PHP, and Java. I listed my previous experiences (in which most of
the time deal with the web development), and my technical skills at
http://laksmono.com/curriculum-vitae/

I checked out https://fedorahosted.org, and I'm interested with the
Amber project (https://fedorahosted.org/amber/) by reading its
description. I thought that it would be very helpful to have this
feature to be released in Fedora 10.

Excellent! Robin Norwood is the lead developer of amber. I've CC'd
him. Robin, do you have any python work for a new contributor to get
their feet wet with the amber code?

-Toshio

Old 08-19-2008, 01:29 PM

Hi,

I'm Mike McCarthy, a sysadmin by day and general geek by night from the UK.* I mainly work with RHEL, TRU64 and recently some AIX but tend to mess around with Fedora in my free time.* I recently became an RHCE and have been looking for further excuses to develop my Linux skills and just a chance to contribute somehow so here I am.* I look forwards to helping and getting to know a few of you.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:10 PM
"TJ Davis"

Hi All,

I have been watching this email list for awhile and decided to finally
introduce myself. I am TJ Davis from West Texas but I currently live
in Belize. I am an independent software consultant for several
universities. I mostly do database consulting on MSSQL but have about
10 years of experience with LAMP and Linux administration. I have not
managed enterprise level systems but have managed 6 Linux servers
doing various tasks for a university for 10 years. I also have a good
amount of experience with OpenVPN as well as
SpamAssassin/Amavis/Maia/Clamv. I will start reading over tickets
soon and try to pick some once I have been accepted. But, in the mean
time, if anyone knows where I might fit in best give me a shout.

I will be on #fedora-admin as tjdavisbz as much as possible.

Tj

Old 09-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008, TJ Davis wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have been watching this email list for awhile and decided to finally
> introduce myself. I am TJ Davis from West Texas but I currently live
> in Belize. I am an independent software consultant for several
> universities. I mostly do database consulting on MSSQL but have about
> 10 years of experience with LAMP and Linux administration. I have not
> managed enterprise level systems but have managed 6 Linux servers
> doing various tasks for a university for 10 years. I also have a good
> amount of experience with OpenVPN as well as

OpenVPN ehh? I'll be pinging you about that soon In the meantime
please do try to attend our weekly meetings:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings

-Mike

Old 09-08-2008, 03:20 PM
"TJ Davis"

Sounds good. I will definitely start attending meetings. Let me know
when you are ready to chat about OpenVPN. I am anxious to help in any
way.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
amrita mukherjee

Hi,
*** I am Amrita Mukherjee ,currently pursuing B-tech from Dr.
B.C. Roy Engineering College. I am a member of DGPLUG group and
presently doing some artwork with the help of inkscape. I would be
highly delighted to be a member of this community and contribute some
projects.

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com