Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 PM
"Mustafa Abbas Chittalwala"

Default Introduction

Hi all,

*

My name is Mustafa from Auckland, New Zealand and completely
new to Ubuntu Linux World if any 1 is from Auckland who is ready to help please
lemme knw (Kind Request)

*

Awaiting for your prompt reply

*

Regards

Mustafa

Old 07-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Matthew D Barley

Good afternoon,

I actually live in Raleigh, NC and am new to Ubuntu as well. Is there
any training or self-taught lessons that I might be able to try for
building myself a decent foundation? I have a lot of other IT experience
and some unix.

Thank you.

Matthew

Old 07-08-2008, 06:55 PM
"L.M.J"

Old 07-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Sander van Vugt

Sure, we all want to go to NZ :-)

The serious question here: is there any "official" Ubuntu Server
training, or is someone working on creating them. I mean, Red Hat has
them, SUSE has them, so why shouldn't Ubuntu have them as well?

Yoltfh (yet another linux trainer from holland)

Sander

Old 07-08-2008, 08:31 PM
"James Dinkel"

You might check this out: http://www.ubuntu.com/training/certificationcourses

Old 07-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Sander van Vugt

> > The serious question here: is there any "official" Ubuntu Server
> > training, or is someone working on creating them. I mean, Red Hat has
> > them, SUSE has them, so why shouldn't Ubuntu have them as well?
> >

> You might check this out: http://www.ubuntu.com/training/certificationcourses

IMHO, this relates in no way to RHCE or SUSE CLP. This is LPIC1 with a
Ubuntu flavour. Is this all there is? Anyone working on something real
yet?

Sander

Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 AM
"Lab Rat"

Well i am currently a linux user i have used alot of the major distros out there and still keep coming back to fedora.* I am a Cg Artist and Airbrush artistand i am currently working in a small community and trying ot promote linux to the community at large here and to promote it to business to use for there web servers and in store computers.* I have been in the linux community since kernel 1 was out and started working on linux then with slackware on 3.5" floppies to install.* Currently i am a part time computer techinican in my spare time i have been working on computers since i was 9 years old by the time i was 13 i was writing my own bbs games for my dads bbs at the time and now i have a extensive background in computers ranging rom working with old DEC alpha systems to newer server systems and thing clients.* I have worked for version dsl internet services as a technical support agent and since then i have been working as myself on computers and educating people on computers as well as teaching kids on how to use comptuers.* I would like to help the fedora community with marketing it anyway i can to use my skills as both a CG artist and Airbrush artist and to educate people here in this small town on the world that is linux and open source and what it is.

Joe

Old 07-29-2008, 08:32 AM
"Christos Bacharakis"

2008/7/29 Lab Rat <labster@gmail.com>

[...]

Welcome Joe! Happy to have you on board!

--
Christos Bacharakis
cmpahar@fedoraproject.org

Old 07-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Harry Sukumar

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 02:14 -0500, Lab Rat wrote:
> Well i am currently a linux user i have used alot of the major distros
> out there and still keep coming back to fedora. I am a Cg Artist and
> Airbrush artistand i am currently working in a small community and
> trying ot promote linux to the community at large here and to promote
> it to business to use for there web servers and in store computers. I
> have been in the linux community since kernel 1 was out and started
> working on linux then with slackware on 3.5" floppies to install.
> Currently i am a part time computer techinican in my spare time i have
> been working on computers since i was 9 years old by the time i was 13
> i was writing my own bbs games for my dads bbs at the time and now i
> have a extensive background in computers ranging rom working with old
> DEC alpha systems to newer server systems and thing clients. I have
> worked for version dsl internet services as a technical support agent
> and since then i have been working as myself on computers and
> educating people on computers as well as teaching kids on how to use
> comptuers. I would like to help the fedora community with marketing
> it anyway i can to use my skills as both a CG artist and Airbrush
> artist and to educate people here in this small town on the world that
> is linux and open source and what it is.
>
> Joe

Welcome Joe!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:20 AM
"Erick Henrique"

[...]