Old 04-21-2012, 06:42 AM
Máirín Duffy

Default Introduction

Hi Samuel!

On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 12:24 +0200, Samuel wrote:
> Hi, my name is Samuel, I'm an Architecture student from Italy. Since
> I've been using Fedora for almost 3 years, I think it would be great now
> to contibute to the project as far as in my possibilities. :-)
> Sam_

I sincerely apologize that you haven't been sent a warm welcome as you
properly should have! I somehow missed your message when it went through
initially. I am very happy you've come to our group and happy to see an
Architecture student with such a long history of using Fedora!

Part of the process of joining the team involves claiming a ticket. I
would be more than happy to help you pick one out; depending on your
interests and experience I think some tickets might be better than
others. Do you have any specific design interests (web design, icons,
wallpaper / artwork, cd art, brochures, poster, etc.) or is it all good?

Welcome!

~m

Old 04-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Samuel

Thank you!
[And don't worry!- actually, I was wondering whether my message had
arrived or not! :-)]

Uhm, I prefer to work on vector drawings and I have a bit more
experiences with logos, banners and also prints in general.
It would be really useful your help, it's not very clear to me how does
the "system" work.
How can I start?

Thank you again,
Sam_

Old 04-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Buddhike Kurera

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Samuel <just.sam@gmx.com> wrote:
> Thank you!
> [And don't worry!- actually, I was wondering whether my message had
> arrived or not! :-)]
>
> Uhm, I prefer to work on vector drawings and I have a bit more
> experiences with logos, banners and also prints in general.
> It would be really useful your help, it's not very clear to me how does
> the "system" work.
> How can I start?

Hello Samuel,

Please feel free to refer to following places and if you want further
clarification
please ask.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design

If there is any possible task feel free to work on that. Let the
design team knows
by forwarding a mail, that you 've started working on that task.

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team

Thanks and welcome to Design team !

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador - APAC region
Event*Liaison*- Design Team

Email:*bckurera@fedoraproject.org*|*IRC: bckurera

Old 05-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Onalenna Junior Makhura

Hi,

I have been a member of this list for a few years now but due to some
constraints I have not been able to actively participate. I would now
like to start be active in Fedora development. I have been using fedora
as my 1st choice OS since Fedora Core 6.

I would be very glad to have someone who can show me the ropes.

Regards,

Onalenna Junior Makhura

Old 05-21-2012, 07:46 AM
Asher Silberman

Hey all,
I'm a student studying Computer Information Technology (CIT) and Graphic
Design at University. I've learned the Adobe products pretty well
(notably Photoshop and Illustrator) for class but would like to be just
as familiar with the FLOSS equivalents. I've also done some web design
(just hand coded HTML/CSS) and interested in getting involved! So yea, I
guess I have to go though this in order to join the group. Hope to start
working on some cool design projects soon!

--
Asher

Old 05-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Sun, 20 May 2012 11:02:26 +0200
Onalenna Junior Makhura <omakhura@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been a member of this list for a few years now but due to some
> constraints I have not been able to actively participate. I would now
> like to start be active in Fedora development. I have been using
> fedora as my 1st choice OS since Fedora Core 6.
>
> I would be very glad to have someone who can show me the ropes.

Welcome.

Note that this list is for the infrastructure team. We manage the
machines that build and distribute Fedora. We don't directly do
development on Fedora the OS, we just enable maintainers to do that.

Do take a look at http://fedoraproject.org/join-fedora and see if you
are in the place you want to start contributing.

We are happy for folks to help out here, just want to make sure you are
in the place you think you are.

kevin

Old 05-22-2012, 03:09 AM
Buddhike Kurera

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Asher Silberman <ashersilb@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I'm a student studying Computer Information Technology (CIT) and Graphic
> Design at University. I've learned the Adobe products pretty well
> (notably Photoshop and Illustrator) for class but would like to be just
> as familiar with the FLOSS equivalents. I've also done some web design
> (just hand coded HTML/CSS) and interested in getting involved! So yea, I
> guess I have to go though this in order to join the group. Hope to start
> working on some cool design projects soon!

Hello Asher,

Welcome to the Fedora Design Team and good to see your interest.

Please feel free to refer to the following links and get an
understanding. If you need more information please do contact us. We
are happy to support you.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team

Then as the next step refer to the design team trac
(https://fedorahosted.org/design-team) and work on a ticket which you
are interested in. Let others know that you are working on the ticket
as well.

Hoping to see you around, thanks.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Prima Yogi Loviniltra

Hi Folks,
My name is Prima Yogi Loviniltra, currently live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia but I'm Indonesian.
Here my wiki https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jurankdankkal
I have a interesting to contribute fedora design team after helping the some design like Banner, Guidebook, Food Coupon, Venue Floor, and Name Tag and I already upload it in jurankdankkal.fedorapeople.org/FUDConKL2012-Artwork.zip

I am currently studying System Mangement in National University of Malaysia, I've experience in Inkscape, Gimp, and Open Shot, PiTivi and Light Works.
and I've won some Internationa Multimedia Competion with Open Source such as http://mygosscon.oscc.org.my/2011/multimedia-competition-2011

I hope I can be a part of you guys..
--
Best Regards,

PRIMA YOGI LOVINILTRA
Fedora Contributor & Ambassadors

Indonesian guy who live in and love Malaysia

M: (6)016 640 0385
W: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jurankdankkal

B: http://yogi.numoss.org/
A: http://about.me/loviniltra

L: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/prima-yogi-loviniltra/44/517/148

This message is a PRIVATE communication. This
message and all attachments are a private communication sent by a
representative of me and may be confidential or protected by
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
information contained in or attached to this message is strictly
prohibited. Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying

Old 05-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Buddhike Kurera

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM, Prima Yogi Loviniltra
<jurankdankkal@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> My name is Prima Yogi Loviniltra, currently live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
> but I'm Indonesian.
> Here my wiki https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jurankdankkal
> I have a interesting to contribute fedora design team after helping the some
> design like Banner, Guidebook, Food Coupon, Venue Floor, and Name Tag and I
> already upload it in jurankdankkal.fedorapeople.org/FUDConKL2012-Artwork.zip

Hello Prima,

Great to see your interest, you can definitely be a part of us,
welcome to the team.

Please go through the design team wiki[1] so that you can find the
references and links to resources. Then refer to the design team
trac[2] and feel free to work on any open ticket you are interested
in. Please let others know that you are working on that by forwarding
a mail to the design team mailing list.

Finally if you have any question please do forward them to the mailing
list, so that we can support you. See you around and thanks again for
joining with the Design Team.

[1] fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design
[2] fedorahosted.org/design-team/

Old 05-23-2012, 03:48 AM
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Prima Yogi Loviniltra
<jurankdankkal@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> My name is Prima Yogi Loviniltra, currently live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
> but I'm Indonesian.
> Here my wiki https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jurankdankkal
> I have a interesting to contribute fedora design team after helping the some
> design like Banner, Guidebook, Food Coupon, Venue Floor, and Name Tag and I
> already upload it in jurankdankkal.fedorapeople.org/FUDConKL2012-Artwork.zip

good to see you joining the design-team ..

[ot]
btw, can you find the final copy of the svgs of the travel guidebook?
.. the ones in that zip file is not the final guidebook ..

i'm archiving the rest of the artworks including the ones from you for ryan ..
[/ot]

http://www.inigo-tech.com
http://blog.kagesenshi.org
92C2 B295 B40B B3DC 6866* 5011 5BD2 584A 8A5D 7331