Old 04-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Mark

Default Introduction

2008/4/4, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro>:
> Pavel Shevchuk wrote:
>
> > You should check URLs you're pasting mycontent.php displays content
> > of user logged in
> >

> Wow! gnome-look is really bad for such kind of linking... To see Dave's
> work go to http://www.gnome-look.org/content/search.php and
> search for "provided by: mclovin".

Thanx for that suggestion, Nicu.

@Dave
WOW! you've made some nice things!
I especially like the BSOD ^_^
But nearly everything on page 1 when searching is more than just nice

Good job so far.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:13 PM
"German G. Ramirez"

Dear fedora-infrastructure-list,

Permit me to introduce myself.My name is German I'm a 26 y.o Mexican
living in Kiev,Ukraine.I own a bachelor degree in computer science and
have had work experience as system administrator and programming.I'm
currently running fedora 8 on my laptop.I do not have experience using
Python but I'm willing to learn it.Since fedora is my new hobby I
would like to contribute to the fedora project and work with people
sharing the same interests just for the fun of doing it.

Looking forward to work with you all.

Regards,
German

Old 05-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Alex Musolino

Hi,

I've been using Linux for a little more than 3 years now (RedHat 9, FC5, FC6,
F7, F8) and have since taken a strong interest in all things
Linux/FOSS/Computers in general. I'm currently doing a Computer Systems
Engineering degree as a double with Mathematical and Computer Sciences. I'm
familiar with XML, XHTML/CSS, MySQL, I can program in PHP, and a little Java
(working on my Python, Perl, C/C++).

I've messed around with some linux home servers, so I'm familiar with setting
up and running basic Linux services. I'd love to help out with anything I
can, and hopefully I'll learn a thing or two from other contributors.

Regards,

Alex Musolino

Old 05-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 29 May 2008, Alex Musolino wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been using Linux for a little more than 3 years now (RedHat 9, FC5, FC6,
> F7, F8) and have since taken a strong interest in all things
> Linux/FOSS/Computers in general. I'm currently doing a Computer Systems
> Engineering degree as a double with Mathematical and Computer Sciences. I'm
> familiar with XML, XHTML/CSS, MySQL, I can program in PHP, and a little Java
> (working on my Python, Perl, C/C++).
>
> I've messed around with some linux home servers, so I'm familiar with setting
> up and running basic Linux services. I'd love to help out with anything I
> can, and hopefully I'll learn a thing or two from other contributors.

Welcome Alex, we hang out in #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net as well as
in this list. There's a meeting today at 20:00 UTC if you can make it.

Also https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ has a list of our
current open tickets (work that needs to get done) if you see something
you'd like to do just say so.

-Mike

Old 06-03-2008, 05:43 PM
"Galyean, Timothy"

Hi, My name is Tim
Galyean.
*
I currently work for
Time Warner's Engineering Operations Center. I assist in monitoring our plant as
well as network, and capacity based provisioning system.*I have been using
Linux/Unix for about 4 years now. I have various levels of experience with the
Linux OS, ranging from Thin Clients to Servers and desktop's. I am looking
forward to expanding my skillset*in all aspects of the linux environment
more specificly the network side.
*
The reason I applied
for the Infrastructure team is because this is the area of IT I enjoy most. If
accepted I would like to join the sysadmin-tools and sysadmin-noc FIG's. I feel
these groups would be a great match for my current skillset as well as helping
learn more about the various aspects of the network.
*
Additionally I have
pretty extensive experience with VoIP protocols, more specificly SIP and MGCP,
on an enterprise scale, however I feel that there is allways more to learn about
these types of systems, and feel that I may be able to assist with these as
well.
*
Thank you for
reading my introduction, if you have any questions please feel free to contact
me. Thanks again.
*
Tim Galyean
PAC Admin/MKC Testing team
Engineering Operations
Center
Time Warner Cable - Kansas
City
*This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner
Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential,
or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents
of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of this E-mail and any printout.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Carl Ellement

Hello!

My name is Carl Ellement, from Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada. I am interested in contributing artwork to the Fedora project, and becoming a contributing member of the artTeam.

I have some digital art production experience, mainly with adobe products in a windows environment. I am anxious to learn more about Linux and open source software and I feel I have
much to offer!

Thank you,
Carl Ellement

Old 06-09-2008, 10:12 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 15:29 -0300, Carl Ellement wrote:
> Hello!
>
> My name is Carl Ellement, from Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada. I am
> interested in contributing artwork to the Fedora project, and becoming
> a contributing member of the artTeam.
>
> I have some digital art production experience, mainly with adobe
> products in a windows environment. I am anxious to learn more about
> Linux and open source software and I feel I have
> much to offer!

Hi Carl,

It's good to have you on the Artwork team. I'm not one of the artists
here, but I always like to see new, enthusiastic folks with something to
offer. The Artwork team does everything here with open source tools and
an open process, and hopefully this will give you a chance to try out
some of the great tools available in Linux.

I think there have been a couple of other introductions in the past few
days, so you can look at those responses as well for some pointers on
where to get started. I think I can speak for the Artwork team when I
say welcome aboard!

Old 06-09-2008, 10:52 PM
"ryan lerch"

Hey Carl!

Welcome to the artteam list! A lot of us also hang out in #fedora-art on irc.freenode.net, so feel free to drop in for a chat...

> My name is Carl Ellement, from Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada. I am

> interested in contributing artwork to the Fedora project, and becoming

> a contributing member of the artTeam.
If you haven't already seen it, the following link outlines the steps required for joining the art-team:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork#How_to_Join

(we have recently migrated to the mediawiki platform, so the layout of the wiki may still be a bit rough around the edges...)
*

> I have some digital art production experience, mainly with adobe

> products in a windows environment. I am anxious to learn more about

> Linux and open source software and I feel I have

> much to offer!
Not sure if you know about the open source equivalents in the graphic design world, but in short:

Vector Graphics - Inkscape
Raster / Photo Manipulation - GIMP

Page Layout / Desktop Publishing - Scribus

I personally am a huge inkscape fan, and you will find it is also a popular tool for a lot of the members of the fedora artTeam...

cheers,
ryanlerch

*

Old 07-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Finnur Írn Gu­mundsson

Hi,

My name is Finnur Írn Gu­mundsson. I live in the Reykjavik area
(Hafnarfjordur), Iceland. I am 25 year old.

I work as a Sysadmin at TM Software, a large ASP company here in Iceland.
My job roles are: Deploying and managing SAN networks & storage systems
for us and our customers, administering linux/unix machines (of
course!), core services (DNS/NTP etc), deploying/debugging hardware (x86
servers mostly) and loads of other stuff. We use RHEL/CentOS as our
distro of choice.

I have been watching this mailing list for a while and would like to
contribute something back to the Fedora community in some way (Be it
packaging, documentation, sysadmin stuff or anything else).

Interests include *NIX, clustering (HA), storage related stuff and more.

I am a RHCA (verify it! 804005656115566).

My programming/scripting skills stink but i am working on that ....

Catch you all on the next meeting.

I'll hang out in #fedora-admin as finnzi

Laters all,
Finnur

Old 07-06-2008, 03:42 AM
Mike McGrath

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Finnur Írn Gu­mundsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Finnur Írn Gu­mundsson. I live in the Reykjavik area
> (Hafnarfjordur), Iceland. I am 25 year old.
>
> I work as a Sysadmin at TM Software, a large ASP company here in Iceland.
> My job roles are: Deploying and managing SAN networks & storage systems for us
> and our customers, administering linux/unix machines (of course!), core
> services (DNS/NTP etc), deploying/debugging hardware (x86 servers mostly) and
> loads of other stuff. We use RHEL/CentOS as our distro of choice.
>
> I have been watching this mailing list for a while and would like to
> contribute something back to the Fedora community in some way (Be it
> packaging, documentation, sysadmin stuff or anything else).

Well the good news is every area you just mentioned... needs help! I'd
suggest picking one and pursuing it first to get a feel for how Fedora as
an organization does things. Let us know what you want to do (packaging,
documentation and sysadmin work are all different teams), we'll get you
pointed in the right direction.

Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com