Old 08-19-2010, 05:15 PM
"Matt Micene"

Default Introduction

I’ve sort of done this once before, but I think I’ve
figured out a path for myself so…

*

Name: Matt Micene

TZ/Country: Eastern, US, Virginia

Experience:* System architecture and administration,
shell, perl, some python, postfix, apache, mysql, KVM, kickstart … and
more

Why: I’ve used Fedora since its inception and RHL
since 95 and I’d like to start giving back again.* I’ve not
been involved with an OSS project for too long now.

What: I’d like to start with sysadmin-noc and learn
and help document the architecture in place (The questions I brought up to the
list earlier.)

How much: I’ve convinced work to give me 4 hrs a week (to
start).

*

I think starting at the NOC, helping Mike document the FIGs,
flesh out some of the architecture docs that already exist on the wiki is a)
valuable and b) will help me figure out where next to move on to.*
Comments are welcome!

*

Matt

*

Matt
Micene

Solutions Architect, RHCE

DLT Solutions

Direct 703-773-1195

Old 08-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, Matt Micene wrote:

> I’ve sort of done this once before, but I think I’ve figured out a path for myself so…
>
> *
>
> Name: Matt Micene
>
> TZ/Country: Eastern, US, Virginia
>
> Experience:* System architecture and administration, shell, perl, some python, postfix, apache, mysql, KVM, kickstart … and more
>
> Why: I’ve used Fedora since its inception and RHL since 95 and I’d like to start giving back again.* I’ve not been involved with an OSS project for too long now.
>
> What: I’d like to start with sysadmin-noc and learn and help document the architecture in place (The questions I brought up to the list earlier.)
>
> How much: I’ve convinced work to give me 4 hrs a week (to start).
>
> *
>
> I think starting at the NOC, helping Mike document the FIGs, flesh out some of the architecture docs that already exist on the wiki is a) valuable and b) will help me figure
> out where next to move on to.* Comments are welcome!
>
> *

Sure, ping me irc.freenode.net in #fedora-admin if you get a moment. I
would like the FIGs better documented.

-Mike______________________________________________ _
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org

Old 08-20-2010, 02:54 PM
"Matt Micene"

> Sure, ping me irc.freenode.net in #fedora-admin if you get a moment. I
> would like the FIGs better documented.
>
> -Mike

Ah yes, missed an important bit of information:

IRC nick(s): wulfin, mmicene

Mike, I will ping you shortly.

-Matt

Old 08-20-2010, 04:33 PM
"Matt Micene"

Ok, now that I’ve advertised, can
I get a sponsor?* Anyone give a man a hand?

*

Thanks!

-Matt

*

Old 08-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Nick Bebout

I'm nb, see me on irc. *I should be on soon.
Nick

Sent from my iPhone

Old 08-25-2010, 12:23 AM
James Lawrie

Hi List,

I'm looking to contribute to Fedora and here's my introduction as per
the wiki.

I'm James and I'm based in the UK (UTC). I work as a Linux Engineer
(mostly technical support) for a hosting company. I'm recently Redhat
certified and I used to be a lot more heavily into scripting (mainly
Perl) than I am now.

I'm joining partly because I want to give something back, but mostly
because I want to truly understand the systems I work on daily and be
able to look back in decades to come and say I was part of it.

The amount of time I'll be able to contribute differs massively
depending on my rota. Some weeks I'll be looking to give 10-20 hours
(maybe more), other weeks I'll only be able to give maybe 4 hours.

I'm looking to help out in any way I can, mostly wherever I can help out
sysadmin wise along with any bugzapping I can do. I can't be more
specific yet but hopefully after a week or two of hanging around I'll
have a better idea.

My LinkedIn profile gives a little more information regarding my
abilities http://www.linkedin.com/in/jameslawrie and I hope my
ServerFault profile (which I've been working on for about a month) gives
a hint of my technical ability:
http://serverfault.com/users/37667/james-lawrie

--
James Lawrie

Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, James Lawrie wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I'm looking to contribute to Fedora and here's my introduction as per
> the wiki.
>
> I'm James and I'm based in the UK (UTC). I work as a Linux Engineer
> (mostly technical support) for a hosting company. I'm recently Redhat
> certified and I used to be a lot more heavily into scripting (mainly
> Perl) than I am now.
>
> I'm joining partly because I want to give something back, but mostly
> because I want to truly understand the systems I work on daily and be
> able to look back in decades to come and say I was part of it.
>
> The amount of time I'll be able to contribute differs massively
> depending on my rota. Some weeks I'll be looking to give 10-20 hours
> (maybe more), other weeks I'll only be able to give maybe 4 hours.
>
> I'm looking to help out in any way I can, mostly wherever I can help out
> sysadmin wise along with any bugzapping I can do. I can't be more
> specific yet but hopefully after a week or two of hanging around I'll
> have a better idea.
>
> My LinkedIn profile gives a little more information regarding my
> abilities http://www.linkedin.com/in/jameslawrie and I hope my
> ServerFault profile (which I've been working on for about a month) gives
> a hint of my technical ability:
> http://serverfault.com/users/37667/james-lawrie

Hello James, well to get started we have to figure out what you're most
interested in doing. I think you and I chatted a bit on irc, I'm always
there if you have any questions.

-Mike

Old 09-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Jason Brown

Hello everyone, my name is Jason Brown and I would like to contribute
to the infrastructure team. I am an RHCE and have 5 years experience
as a systems administrator mainly working with Red Hat and Fedora. I
have knowledge configuring and working with Apache, Puppet, MySQL,
BIND, Postfix, and Dovecot along with writing scripts in Python and
Bash. I would like to work with the sysadmin or the sysadmin-releng
groups, however any place the infrastructure team needs help is fine
with me. I live in Michigan and work until 4:30 so making the
meetings sometimes maybe difficult. I can work about 5-10 hours a
week on projects.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 09-15-2010, 12:52 AM
tao shu

Hello Jason Brown,

I am a fedora beginner, I have some questions about bodhi, Can you
give me some help??

Thanks!

Old 09-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Jason Brown