FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Mike McGrath
 
Default Introduction

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Maxim Burgerhout wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Maxim Burgerhout and I would like to offer some of my spare
> time to help out the Fedora Infrastructure Team a bit. I have been
> using various flavors of Linux ever since Red Hat 6 (I think), though
> not always as a professional. The last couple of years I have been
> working as a Linux and virtualization consultant for a fairly large
> organization in the Netherlands.
>
> My experience with maintaining web- and build-servers is limited: I
> mostly work with RHEL database servers etc., but I'm willing to invest
> time to acquire the (possibly missing) skills I would need to help
> out.
>
> I think I have ample experience in writing shellscripts. I have also
> done my share of Python programming and some Rails, PHP and Django
> webdevelopment.
>
> I really like Fedora and I am ready to start giving back. Also,
> helping out the Infrastrucure Team would provide me with a base of
> learning new skills, honing existing ones and meeting knowledgeable
> people.
>
> I'll drop by in #fedora-admin soon if that's okay. Feel free to ask me
> stuff: my usual handle is wzzrd. I'm not sure what to put in this
> e-mail, so if I'm missing something, please point it out and I'll fill
> in the blanks.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Maxim Burgerhout
> maxim@wzzrd.com
> ----------------

Welcome Maxim, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Been
unusually busy. Our meetings are every Thursday at 20:00 UTC, do you
think you can make them?

-Mike

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 12-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Maxim Burgerhout
 
Default Introduction

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

I lurked during the last meeting, but I don't think I'll be able to
attend the next two (the 24th already being part of Christmas (more or
less) in the Netherlands and the 31th being New Year's Eve: stuff has
been planned a long time ago).

Starting January 7th, I'll put the meeting in my weekly roster for
every Thursday evening. Starting today, I'll drop by in #fedora-admin
on a regular basis.

Looking forward to working with you all!


Maxim

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 06:17, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009, Maxim Burgerhout wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My name is Maxim Burgerhout and I would like to offer some of my spare
>> time to help out the Fedora Infrastructure Team a bit. I have been
>> using various flavors of Linux ever since Red Hat 6 (I think), though
>> not always as a professional. The last couple of years I have been
>> working as a Linux and virtualization consultant for a fairly large
>> organization in the Netherlands.
>>
>> My experience with maintaining web- and build-servers is limited: I
>> mostly work with RHEL database servers etc., but I'm willing to invest
>> time to acquire the (possibly missing) skills I would need to help
>> out.
>>
>> I think I have ample experience in writing shellscripts. I have also
>> done my share of Python programming and some Rails, PHP and Django
>> webdevelopment.
>>
>> I really like Fedora and I am ready to start giving back. Also,
>> helping out the Infrastrucure Team would provide me with a base of
>> learning new skills, honing existing ones and meeting knowledgeable
>> people.
>>
>> I'll drop by in #fedora-admin soon if that's okay. Feel free to ask me
>> stuff: my usual handle is wzzrd. I'm not sure what to put in this
>> e-mail, so if I'm missing something, please point it out and I'll fill
>> in the blanks.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Maxim Burgerhout
>> maxim@wzzrd.com
>> ----------------
>
> Welcome Maxim, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. *Been
> unusually busy. *Our meetings are every Thursday at 20:00 UTC, do you
> think you can make them?
>
> * * * *-Mike
>
> _______________________________________________
> Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
> Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
>

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 01-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Bert Desmet
 
Default introduction

Hi,

My name is Bert Desmet, and I would like to help somewhat in the
infrastructure team. I know the Fedora project already a bit as I am an
ambassador for about a year now. You can find some useful info about me
here: fedoraproject.org/wiki/user:Biertie

So, I am a student, and I am eager to learn more about system
administration. The things I already know is from testing on my fedora
machines, and my centos server. So I know the basics from some things. I
am especially interested in getting to know the tools used to keep a
professional infrastructure running -something they don't learn you at
school-

if you have any questions about me, or you want to suggest something,
you can find me a lot on irc, or via the mailing lists off course.

best regards,
Bert Desmet

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 01-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Mike McGrath
 
Default introduction

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Bert Desmet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My name is Bert Desmet, and I would like to help somewhat in the
> infrastructure team. I know the Fedora project already a bit as I am an
> ambassador for about a year now. You can find some useful info about me
> here: fedoraproject.org/wiki/user:Biertie
>
> So, I am a student, and I am eager to learn more about system
> administration. The things I already know is from testing on my fedora
> machines, and my centos server. So I know the basics from some things. I
> am especially interested in getting to know the tools used to keep a
> professional infrastructure running -something they don't learn you at
> school-
>
> if you have any questions about me, or you want to suggest something,
> you can find me a lot on irc, or via the mailing lists off course.
>

Welcome bert! we already talked on IRC but I didn't want to leave this
intro hanging.

-Mike

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 01-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Jeff Tomasek
 
Default Introduction

Greetings,
*
I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone.* My name is Jeff, and I just joined the subscriber list.* I am a long time Systems Administrator for a local newspaper, and currently just starting to get into developing with open source.* Ive been a user of Fedora for several years now, and figured I would venture into something to try as learn as much as I can.*

*
I appologize in advance if I happen to do do something wrong in the near future, as I am still learning.* Anyway, its good to join, and im looking forward my time here.
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Frank Langbridge
 
Default Introduction

Hello

Well it has been about 6 months coming but here is my introduction
email. My name is Frank and I have been working with redhat/fedora since
redhat 4. I subscribed to this list and then had to work away a lot and
didnt get chance to actively do anything. I am now in a better position
to offer some help. I am a RHCE and mainly now work in consultancy
advising on enterprise level systems. I would ideally like to get
involved with puppet and understand how that works. I have worked for
ISP's in the past and may ideally be suited to join the hosted FIG and
the releng FIG to get some puppet experience.

Frank
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 01-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Mike McGrath
 
Default Introduction

On Tuesday 12 January 2010 11:11:36 Jeff Tomasek wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Jeff, and I just
> joined the subscriber list. I am a long time Systems Administrator for a
> local newspaper, and currently just starting to get into developing with
> open source. Ive been a user of Fedora for several years now, and figured
> I would venture into something to try as learn as much as I can.
>
> I appologize in advance if I happen to do do something wrong in the near
> future, as I am still learning. Anyway, its good to join, and im looking
> forward my time here.
>

Welcome Jeff. We have weekly meetings on Thursdays at 20:00 UTC, if you can
make it great if not that's ok too. See
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings for more info.

-Mike
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 01-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Nelio Junior
 
Default Introduction

Hello all...

My name is Nelio, I'm a student of computer science in Brazil and user of the linux since Fedora 5.
I always sympathized with open source ideology and especially with Fedora.

Now I decided to participate and contribute with this project.

I have experience especially with programming in the languages C, C++, JAVA, Ruby, Python and PHP.
I have done projects for desktop and web too.

Also participed as system administrator in a linux server with web server, file server, webmail, account manager and
others basics services.

I hope I can help here.
Thanks for the opportunity.

Best regards,


Nelio Junior.


_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 01-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Mike McGrath
 
Default Introduction

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Nelio Junior wrote:

> Hello all...
>
> My name is Nelio, I'm a student of computer science in Brazil and user of the linux since Fedora 5.
> I always sympathized with open source ideology and especially with Fedora.
> Now I decided to participate and contribute with this project.
>
> I have experience especially with programming in the languages C, C++, JAVA, Ruby, Python and PHP.
> I have done projects for desktop and web too.
> Also participed as system administrator in a linux server with web server, file server, webmail, account manager and
> others basics services.
>
> I hope I can help here.
> Thanks for the opportunity.
>

Welcome Nelio, we have weekly meetings at 20:00 UTC on thursday in
#fedora-meeting. Do you think you can make them? If not that's totally
fine, we can always find other work for you.

-Mike
_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 
Old 01-30-2010, 12:20 AM
portn0k
 
Default Introduction

Hi, im Ethan, and this is my introduction. my hobbies consist of
programming (C/Perl), snowboarding, and doing security work on networks
I admin. FreeBSD is my favorite server OS. im trying to get my hands
on some cisco gear also to start learning what i need to to get some
certs. i'm a Computer Systems Security major at Colorado Technical
University, and enjoying every minute of my courses.

For quite some time i've wanted to be a part a large project, and the
fedora project seems like it'll do the trick. I cant wait to get
started doing anything i can do to help out.

thanks for reading this.

- Ethan

_______________________________________________
infrastructure mailing list
infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/infrastructure
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:48 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org