Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Piotr Kral

Default Introduction

Hi
My name is Piotr Kral. And I'd like to join Fedora community at
general and fedora-infrastructure in particular since I'm a sysadmin
myself. I'm learning/using Linux since about ten years. I started from
Debian, but from several years I'm using Red Hat (from RHEL 3) in my
company servers and Fedora on my desktop. I was able to gain an RHCE
title and I'm a great Linux enthusiast (I've set up a first Linux
production server in my company and now we have about 200 off them,
mostly by my design). I feel that I must do something for fedora
community to be able to evolve myself and to give back at least a
small thing from me. I hope You can give me some guides what I should
do next and I hope I'll be able to join You on next thursday at 20:00
UTC on #fedora-meeting.

Kind regards
Piotr Kral

Old 11-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Piotr Kral wrote:

> Hi
> My name is Piotr Kral. And I'd like to join Fedora community at
> general and fedora-infrastructure in particular since I'm a sysadmin
> myself. I'm learning/using Linux since about ten years. I started from
> Debian, but from several years I'm using Red Hat (from RHEL 3) in my
> company servers and Fedora on my desktop. I was able to gain an RHCE
> title and I'm a great Linux enthusiast (I've set up a first Linux
> production server in my company and now we have about 200 off them,
> mostly by my design). I feel that I must do something for fedora
> community to be able to evolve myself and to give back at least a
> small thing from me. I hope You can give me some guides what I should
> do next and I hope I'll be able to join You on next thursday at 20:00
> UTC on #fedora-meeting.

Excellent, the meetings are always good to attend. Make sure to make
yourself known in case I forget. At the end we always have an open floor
where people can talk about anything, that's a good time to introduce
yourself. Have you seen our FIGs page?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/FIGs

-Mike

Old 11-20-2009, 03:36 AM
Darkwing Duck

Greetings.

I wanted to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself to the team.

My name is David W or, as I am better known as Darkwing Duck. I have been
using ubuntu for a few years and I have made the change to KDE not to long
ago.

My background is web development and I am fluid in HTML, CSS and XML.
Currently my day job is the US Navy. Currently I live with my Wife and kids in
San Diego, CA USA.

I started working with Scott K when I was testing the Kubuntu Netbook back in
Alpha 3 and I have extended my KDE usage to my desktop. I have been talking to
and working with both Jonathan Jesse and Richard Johnson in getting involved
with Kubuntu Documentation and starting the Documentation for Kubuntu Netbook.

Anyway, I look forward to working with you all in the future as we ramp up and
get Lucid ready for the world.

DW

https://launchpad.net/~darkwingduck

Old 11-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Ralph Janke

Hi David,

nice to have you here at Kubuntu.

Ralph (txwikinger)

Old 11-21-2009, 07:08 PM
pablomar

hi guys,

my name is pablo martinez, I've been using fedora at home since version 3
I'm C/C++ and Java programmer and I did a little of python some years ago (I still use it for small things). I've also worked with Oracle and Pro*C

I want to collaborate as much as I can

regards,

Old 11-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Gregory Sieranski

Hi guys,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a Programmer
Analyst who works for a large fortune 500 company. I have been using
Fedora for over 3 years and would love to give back in any way that I
can. I absolutely love what Fedora and open source does and believe in
both 100%. I am skilled in Java, J2EE, C, C++, Python, HTML, CSS and a
bunch of other technologies. I am an avid programming language
enthusiast and am working toward getting my Masters in Computer
Science. I would love to contribute to the website project in any way
that I can. I deal with website technology on a daily basis and feel
that I would be able to provide a lot of help to the fedora website
team. No task is to small. If you guys just need someone to enter text
or change a CSS style I am willing to do it. Thank you for your time
and I look forward to talking with all of you!

Thank you,
Gregory Sieraski

Old 11-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Mel Chua

I asked Gregory to join the Marketing group because he's going to be
helping us out with the Fedora Insight skin, and needed access to his
fedorapeople space so he can put up mockups and things if he wants,
before he gets approval for sysadmin-test group, which will let him play
directly on the publictest machine we're using.

Welcome on board, Gregory - it's great to have you here.

--Mel

Old 11-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Mel Chua

I asked Gregory to join the Marketing group because he's going to be
helping us out with the Fedora Insight skin, and needed access to his
fedorapeople space so he can put up mockups and things if he wants,
before he gets approval for sysadmin-test group, which will let him play
directly on the publictest machine we're using.

Welcome on board, Gregory - it's great to have you here.

Oh yeah, did I mention that Gregory has done some zikula stuff before
(back when it was called postnuke)?

Our websites are *so* going to rock for F13.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Robyn Bergeron

Welcome! (And yay, more night owls!)

-Robyn