Old 03-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Introduction

Clifford Chandler wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> My name is Cliff Chandler, and I'm a student at GA State University. I'm really looking forward to being involved with Fedora. I've been using Fedora since Fedora 6, and I've been gradually using it more and more, and now I nearly depend on it. At school I do all my programming in Java, so I've become quite proficient at that, however in my free time,
> I prefer to write in C and play with OpenGL and SDL. As for web development, I am comfortable with HTML/CSS, PHP (and SQL when a database is needed), and basic JavaScript. Python seems to be more important every day, so I've just started with that as well. I've checked out the infrastructure/getting started page (this message is to the infrastructure-list as well as the websites-list), but any more guidance is appreciated.

Hi Cliff!

If you're looking to program in C, Fedora does a lot of work upstream on
a lot of programs written in C. Offering to look into bugs and do
debugging of issues in C programs in fedora-devel-list is one,
Fedora-centric way to get involved there. Working with upstreams
directly to code new features that Fedora wants is another way.

If you're looking to do more things directly related to Fedora, the web
team and infrastructure could both use your talents in web development.
Infrastructure concentrates more on programming the web applications
that we run (the accounts system, package database, koji build system,
bodhi updates, mirrormanager, smolt, and others). These are all written
in python using the TurboGears web framework. There's work for people
interested in working with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and Python here.
ricky, ianweller, and mizmo can better fill you in on what they could
put you to work doing in websites.

If you're on IRC we all tend to hang out on irc.freenode.net,
#fedora-admin (infrastructure) and #fedora-websites I'm abadger1999 if
you have questions about getting started in an initial project.

-Toshio

Old 10-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Abiel Mogos

Thanks Mike,

this time, I'm particularly interested in the infrastructure team.
However I might also contribute to the website team, but I feel more
interested in the infrastructure one.

Cheers!
Abiel

Old 10-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, Abiel Mogos wrote:

> Thanks Mike,
>
> this time, I'm particularly interested in the infrastructure team.
> However I might also contribute to the website team, but I feel more
> interested in the infrastructure one.

If you are able to make the meeting tomorrow that would be great!

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings

Make sure to introduce yourself when th emeeting starts.

-Mike

Old 10-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Abiel Mogos

Yeah,

I'll see you tomorrow at 20:00 UTC at infrastructure meeting.

Abiel

Old 10-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Abiel Mogos

Hey Mike,

I came like 20 min late, I had a class that finishes at 3:00pm (ie the
time the meeting starts), however in http://freenode.net/ I couldn't
get the #fedora-meeting channel.

I guess UTC 20:00 is 15:00 in Fairfield, Iowa, if not mistaken... Or
have I missed some thing over the freenode site?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Abiel Mogos wrote:

> Hey Mike,
>
> I came like 20 min late, I had a class that finishes at 3:00pm (ie the
> time the meeting starts), however in http://freenode.net/ I couldn't
> get the #fedora-meeting channel.
>
> I guess UTC 20:00 is 15:00 in Fairfield, Iowa, if not mistaken... Or
> have I missed some thing over the freenode site?

We did end a little earlier than normal. Were you not able to even join
the channel? Or just nothing was going on at the time?

-Mike

Old 10-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Abiel Mogos

I was not even able to join the channel.

-Abiel

Old 10-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Abiel Mogos wrote:

> I was not even able to join the channel.

What IRC software are you using?

-Mike

Old 10-31-2009, 02:34 AM
Abiel Mogos

Hey mike,

thanks for your prompt response, you must be one of the committed
contributors. I'll try my best to be dedicated like you dude.

Well I use pidgin as IRC software.

--Abiel

Old 10-31-2009, 06:14 AM
susmit shannigrahi

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Abiel Mogos <wedimemhir@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey mike,
>
> thanks for your prompt response, you must be one of the committed
> contributors.

You got that a bit wrong. He leads the Infrastructure.

Susmit.