Old 03-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Tomek Wałkuski

Default Another hello

Hi,

my name is Tomek Walkuski. I want to introduce myself and write
something about my skills, responsibilities at day job and so on.

I am administering a few CentOS servers, two of these are under VERY
high load running some Java and MySQL powered applications. One of these
is running quite small Oracle instance. I am also using CentOS in my
Master's degree thesis.

What I want to achieve? Always learn something new (to be more
proficient in Red Hat / CentOS / Fedora and to pass someday RHCE
certificate), give my skills, experience (well...) and knowledge back.

I think sticking to Fedora Infrastructure Team someday would be great
opportunity to get involved in FOSS development. Now I will try to
wander around a little

During my free time, I am riding my bike, playing with Ada and Eiffel
languages, "doing things".

--
Tomek Wałkuski
tomek.walkuski@gmail.com

Old 05-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Rob Marti

I've been lurking in #fedora-admin for a few days now, and figured I'd
introduce myself. My name is Rob Marti, I have my RHCE, and after
using Red Hat at my job for the past few years, I decided to get
involved with the Fedora Project. Since I'm not a really strong
coder, development is out, and being partially colorblind means web
design stuff is out. I'm okay with that, however, because I really
like dealing with the backend system administration stuff a lot more.

I think I'd like to be involved in sysadmin-noc at first, and maybe
expand from there into hosted and tools.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Mike McGrath

On Fri, 7 May 2010, Rob Marti wrote:

> I've been lurking in #fedora-admin for a few days now, and figured I'd
> introduce myself. My name is Rob Marti, I have my RHCE, and after
> using Red Hat at my job for the past few years, I decided to get
> involved with the Fedora Project. Since I'm not a really strong
> coder, development is out, and being partially colorblind means web
> design stuff is out. I'm okay with that, however, because I really
> like dealing with the backend system administration stuff a lot more.
>
> I think I'd like to be involved in sysadmin-noc at first, and maybe
> expand from there into hosted and tools.

Excellent, sysadmin-noc is an area we need more helpers. Ping me in
#fedora-admin sometime and we'll come up with some work for you
(mmcgrath)

-Mike