MM changes needed for moving 7/8 content to archive
To move pub/fedora/linux/releases/ to
/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/, and to retain the MM yum redirects,
we're going to have to do some changes.
* mount archive on bapp1 (add to mirrormanager-server in puppet)
* create directory /pub/archive in MM db
* create category "Fedora Archive" in MM db
* edit /etc/mirrormanager/prod.cfg to add Fedora Archive
* edit repomap.py to add Fedora Archive
* ensure Repository pointers get moved to new location, which means
deleting previous repository pointers.
- the new Repository pointers will collide with the existing ones,
and by virtue of the uniqueness, the new ones won't get created.
So, we'll have to delete the original ones from the DB before
adding the new ones. Will need to kill the u-m-d-l cronjob to
accomplish this, then can restart it.
* mirror admins will have to manually move the content, as we don't
expose /pub/fedora/ and /pub/archive under the same rsync module
anywhere such that we can use hardlinks for a few days. Otherwise
they'll delete it and have to re-download it.
What else am I missing?
This won't require downtime from a user's perspective, but will
require pausing some jobs on bapp1, and editing some files in place in
/usr/share/mirrormanager until I can get a new release rolled out
(which I've been preparing but we're in change freeze so haven't
Also, I'm mostly offline this week as it's Spring Break. How fast do
we need this? Presumably by Thursday or so...
Linux Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list