Old 03-16-2009, 07:47 PM
"cralin@gmail.com"

Default Introducing: Alin Crețu

Hello Fedora Infrastructure,

I'd like to use my first e-mail to introduce myself.

The name is Alin Crețu, I'm 33 years old, Romanian citizen, currently living in Germany.

I've been working/playing with Red Hat Linux since RH 5.2 and with Fedora since it's first release 10 years ago.

For the last 9 years I was working with Linux/Unix in different production environments, from small departmental (2 systems) up to large enterprise (200+ Linux/Unix machines with High Availability requirements).

Since June 2007 I'm also certified as "IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert -- IBM System p5 2006" and I can find my way around BASH and ksh scripting. Also I have considerable understanding and some real life experience with large SAN installations.

I'd like to take this opportunity to give something back to Fedora by helping the Infrastructure team running the servers that make the Fedora Project possible.

As of now, I'm also looking to find a sponsor that will be willing guide my first steps towards this community.

Regards,

Alin Crețu

Old 03-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Mike McGrath

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, cralin@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello Fedora Infrastructure,
>
> I'd like to use my first e-mail to introduce myself.
>
> The name is Alin Crețu, I'm 33 years old, Romanian citizen, currently living in Germany.
>
> I've been working/playing with Red Hat Linux since RH 5.2 and with Fedora since it's first release 10 years ago.
>
> For the last 9 years I was working with Linux/Unix in different production environments, from small departmental (2
> systems) up to large enterprise (200+ Linux/Unix machines with High Availability requirements).
>
> Since June 2007 I'm also certified as "IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert -- IBM System p5 2006" and I can find my
> way around BASH and ksh scripting. Also I have considerable understanding and some real life experience with large SAN
> installations.
>
> I'd like to take this opportunity to give something back to Fedora by helping the Infrastructure team running the servers
> that make the Fedora Project possible.
>

> As of now, I'm also looking to find a sponsor that will be willing guide my first steps towards this community.

Welcome Alin, was there a particular FIG you were interested in getting
involved with? Feel free to stop by #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net to
say hello.

-Mike______________________________________________ _
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com

Old 03-17-2009, 09:23 PM
"cralin@gmail.com"

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 08:24 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, cralin@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello Fedora Infrastructure,
>
> I'd like to use my first e-mail to introduce myself.
>
> The name is Alin Crețu, I'm 33 years old, Romanian citizen, currently living in Germany.
>
> I've been working/playing with Red Hat Linux since RH 5.2 and with Fedora since it's first release 10 years ago.
>
> For the last 9 years I was working with Linux/Unix in different production environments, from small departmental (2
> systems) up to large enterprise (200+ Linux/Unix machines with High Availability requirements).
>
> Since June 2007 I'm also certified as "IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert -- IBM System p5 2006" and I can find my
> way around BASH and ksh scripting. Also I have considerable understanding and some real life experience with large SAN
> installations.
>
> I'd like to take this opportunity to give something back to Fedora by helping the Infrastructure team running the servers
> that make the Fedora Project possible.
>

> As of now, I'm also looking to find a sponsor that will be willing guide my first steps towards this community.

Welcome Alin, was there a particular FIG you were interested in getting
involved with? Feel free to stop by #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net to
say hello.

-Mike
_______________________________________________ Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list

To be honest, at this moment I'm not really sure.

I guess it's not really important for me to be part of one FIG or the other as it is helping out whenever/wherever I can.

Reading the descriptions of the FIGs I think I might be able to hep in sysadmin, sysadmin-tools, sysadmin-backup and/or sysadmin-noc. However the descriptions are somewhat short and it might take a while to get used with the tools/procedures used in each FIG.

Suggestions are always welcomed

Old 03-23-2009, 07:23 PM
"cralin@gmail.com"

Hello,

I am snooping around to find some introduction documents or a presentation about procedures used by fedora infrastructure to operate/manages the servers in scope. Unfortunately I could not find any until now.

Are there any such introduction documents ? If yes, could somebody actually point me to the right link/document ?

It would be nice to have a look and get acquainted with the rules of the game before actually starting to play the game.