Old 03-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Mike McGrath

Default Hosted requests

Hey all, there's a lot of outstanding fedorahosted requests. Some are
assigned and have been left uncommitted for some time. Just following up
with everyone to make sure they don't get forgotten about. if you're in
the sysadmin-hosting group and cannot complete these requests any longer
please let me know or unassign them so they don't go uncompleted.

-Mike

Old 03-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Jon Stanley

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey all, there's a lot of outstanding fedorahosted requests. *Some are
> assigned and have been left uncommitted for some time. *Just following up
> with everyone to make sure they don't get forgotten about. *if you're in
> the sysadmin-hosting group and cannot complete these requests any longer
> please let me know or unassign them so they don't go uncompleted.

I'll go through em tonight, I've been slacking off.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Jon Stanley

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll go through em tonight, I've been slacking off.

Yay! We're down to 7, all long term type things:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&c omponent=Hosted+Projects&order=id&desc=1

Old 03-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Mike McGrath

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Jon Stanley wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll go through em tonight, I've been slacking off.
>
> Yay! We're down to 7, all long term type things:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&c omponent=Hosted+Projects&order=id&desc=1

Sweet, thanks Jon. You da man.

-Mike

Old 01-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Mike McGrath

Generally we've been dropping the ball on hosted requests, some sitting
outstanding for several days before someone even responds.

So what is a solution?

I think we could automate the process even more then we do already, I'm
open to suggestions.

-Mike

Old 01-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Keiran Smith

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Generally we've been dropping the ball on hosted requests, some sitting
> outstanding for several days before someone even responds.
>
> So what is a solution?
>
> I think we could automate the process even more then we do already, I'm
> open to suggestions.
>
> -Mike

hmm.. How about have it like this.
Request Submitted -> System Checks What users activity is -> Assigns job
to user with least activity -> E-Mail is sent to the list

I think this will be an efficient way to Complete tasks much quicker.

Regards,
Keiran Smith (Affix)

Old 01-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Jorge A Gallegos

Currently there's no way to assign tickets as much as each one going to
the list and cherry-pick the requests we believe we can attend. I'd
really like to have some automated way to do this as well, but I don't
think trac has such facilities, now, I am not a trac expert, but I'll
start looking into solutions.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:40 PM
Todd Zullinger

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Generally we've been dropping the ball on hosted requests, some
> sitting outstanding for several days before someone even responds.
>
> So what is a solution?
>
> I think we could automate the process even more then we do already,
> I'm open to suggestions.

I never seem to have as much time as I'd like for things. I did do
some work on a gitsetup script in python that can do a bit more of the
setup than the current shell script can. I need to integrate that
with the mailman list setup script (and push my changes to allow that
script to be run non-interactively). That might help a little, by
making the process many less steps than the host repo SOP is now, for
git at least.

Ideally, the whole process should be scripted so that all we need is
for folks to check the ticket, verify all the needed info is present,
then run a setup script. Bonus points if we write the setup scripts
in a way that lets us re-use them to make this a web based process in
some future with flying pigs.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Mike McGrath

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010, Keiran Smith wrote:

> Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Generally we've been dropping the ball on hosted requests, some sitting
> > outstanding for several days before someone even responds.
> >
> > So what is a solution?
> >
> > I think we could automate the process even more then we do already, I'm
> > open to suggestions.
> >
> > -Mike
> >

> hmm.. How about have it like this.
> Request Submitted -> System Checks What users activity is -> Assigns job
> to user with least activity -> E-Mail is sent to the list

How do you measure 'activity'. Some tickets require far more work then
another. And what happens when a ticket gets assigned to someone who is
busy or away? I'd hate to think we're causing additional work for them,
or sending tickets to a black hole.

-Mike