Old 03-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Jesse Keating

Default sanity request

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 15:32 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> > In other words please describe your change requests in the subject line
> > to help with differentiation. Thanks, The Non-Management
> >

> FWIW, these only happen during a change freeze and aren't really list
> stuff but more workflow stuff, I'll try to be more descriptive but they
> can all safely be ignored unless you're a sysadmin-mainer.

One thing I think we could do is do more of what mmcgrath just did,
posting the proposed change as a diff. As long as it isn't sensitive
info, we can just use the git send-email program to send the commit we'd
like to push to this list, using --compose to allow us to compose a
message that the patch will be in reply to. That'll give the subject
some context, the email body the actual change and some sanity to the
whole thing (:

Of course, changes that aren't just git commits are not going to be
helped by this.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom▓ is a feature!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 15:32 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > >
> > > In other words please describe your change requests in the subject line
> > > to help with differentiation. Thanks, The Non-Management
> > >

> > FWIW, these only happen during a change freeze and aren't really list
> > stuff but more workflow stuff, I'll try to be more descriptive but they
> > can all safely be ignored unless you're a sysadmin-mainer.
>

> One thing I think we could do is do more of what mmcgrath just did,
> posting the proposed change as a diff. As long as it isn't sensitive
> info, we can just use the git send-email program to send the commit we'd
> like to push to this list, using --compose to allow us to compose a
> message that the patch will be in reply to. That'll give the subject
> some context, the email body the actual change and some sanity to the
> whole thing (:
>
> Of course, changes that aren't just git commits are not going to be
> helped by this.

Huh? git can do that?

-Mike

Old 03-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Dimitris Glezos

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:27 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:
>> One thing I think we could do is do more of what mmcgrath just did,
>> posting the proposed change as a diff. ┬*As long as it isn't sensitive
>> info, we can just use the git send-email program to send the commit we'd
>> like to push to this list, using --compose to allow us to compose a
>> message that the patch will be in reply to. ┬*That'll give the subject
>> some context, the email body the actual change and some sanity to the
>> whole thing (:
>
> Huh? ┬*git can do that? ┬*

There's also git make-coffee.

-╬┤