Old 03-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Ian Weller

Default sanity request

How is it that we can have fifty threads in this list with the subject
line as "change request" and no additional information? I'm not the one
who has to deal with them and it drives me insane, so I'm not sure how
others can work with it -- especially those unfortunate enough to not
have message threading.

In other words please describe your change requests in the subject line
to help with differentiation. Thanks, The Non-Management

--
Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com> http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint: E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226 B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36

Old 03-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Ian Weller wrote:

> How is it that we can have fifty threads in this list with the subject
> line as "change request" and no additional information? I'm not the one
> who has to deal with them and it drives me insane, so I'm not sure how
> others can work with it -- especially those unfortunate enough to not
> have message threading.
>
> In other words please describe your change requests in the subject line
> to help with differentiation. Thanks, The Non-Management

FWIW, these only happen during a change freeze and aren't really list
stuff but more workflow stuff, I'll try to be more descriptive but they
can all safely be ignored unless you're a sysadmin-mainer.

-Mike