Old 03-06-2009, 08:13 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default #fedora-india IRC sessions

Shakthi Kannan wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know what would be convenient times to have IRC
tutorial sessions on #fedora-india.

1. Do people prefer to learn/experiment new things in the afternoon,
or evenings during weekends?

In the past, we have done it in weekends or late evenings because many
students wanted it that way and colleges regularly block IRC.

2. Is there any way of creating polls in fedoraproject.org/wiki to get
feedback for such queries?

We have a infrastructure for elections at
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting but that is probably a overkill
for simple polls. CC'ing Fedora infrastructure list to see if we have a
better system for this but meanwhile you can do this via fedoraforum.org
if necessary.

The sessions in #fedora-classroom (UTC) occur quite late nights (IST).

True. Kevin Fenzi (CC'ed) is leading this effort. Maybe we can do it
other timings as well?

Rahul

Old 03-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 14:43:14 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

...snip...

> > The sessions in #fedora-classroom (UTC) occur quite late nights
> > (IST).
>
> True. Kevin Fenzi (CC'ed) is leading this effort. Maybe we can do it
> other timings as well?

We move times each session. Take a look at the times of the previous
sessions on:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom

Each month moves to another timeblock until we cycle through them all.
This is specifically so we can make sure and have classes available at
least at sometime that matches a students schedule.

> Rahul

kevin