Old 03-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Mike McGrath

Default Wordpress?

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Clint Savage wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone had interest in setting up a Wordpress MU install for Fedora's infrastructure?
> >
> > Gerold Kassube on the marketing team had this cool idea to set up a blog per Fedora foundation (freedom, friends, features, first) and the multiuser capabilities of wordpress seem ideal to drive the project.
> >
> > Let me know if you have any interest in this. It would be really, really useful for Fedora's marketing.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > ~m
>
> I'd like you to sell me on the reason for four different blogs
> (essentially what WP-MU gives) as I've set up WP-MU before and it's
> pretty easy...
>
> My concern is that it would be just as easy to create topics in one
> blog and just customize pages to pull based upon topic. Pretty easy
> to do actually.
>
> So anyway, if you can make a good argument for MU, I'd love to help.

actually MU was picked a long time ago, just no one has had time to set it
up.

-Mike______________________________________________ _
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com

Old 03-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Clint Savage

2009/3/5 Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Clint Savage wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hey folks,
>> >
>> > I was wondering if anyone had interest in setting up a Wordpress MU install for Fedora's infrastructure?
>> >
>> > Gerold Kassube on the marketing team had this cool idea to set up a blog per Fedora foundation (freedom, friends, features, first) and the multiuser capabilities of wordpress seem ideal to drive the project.
>> >
>> > Let me know if you have any interest in this. It would be really, really useful for Fedora's marketing.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > ~m
>>
>> I'd like you to sell me on the reason for four different blogs
>> (essentially what WP-MU gives) as I've set up WP-MU before and it's
>> pretty easy...
>>
>> My concern is that it would be just as easy to create topics in one
>> blog and just customize pages to pull based upon topic. *Pretty easy
>> to do actually.
>>
>> So anyway, if you can make a good argument for MU, I'd love to help.
>>

> actually MU was picked a long time ago, just no one has had time to set it
> up.
>
> * * * *-Mike
it. I like MU, don't get me wrong, just wonder why it was chosen.

Clint

Old 03-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Clint Savage wrote:

Mike,

Do you have a link to the mailing list thread? I'd like to read up on
it. I like MU, don't get me wrong, just wonder why it was chosen.

We wanted it for a Fedora News site. Refer

Rahul

Old 03-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Bret McMillan

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Clint Savage wrote:

Mike,

Do you have a link to the mailing list thread? I'd like to read up on
it. I like MU, don't get me wrong, just wonder why it was chosen.

We wanted it for a Fedora News site. Refer

At this point, I think we're blocked on a theme (outside my skillset).
I think jonrob was going to look at this time-permitting.

If we've made progress on this front, I can help w/ the puppetization,
if that's still outstanding.

--Bret

Old 03-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Máirí­n Duffy

Bret McMillan wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Clint Savage wrote:

Mike,

Do you have a link to the mailing list thread? I'd like to read up on
it. I like MU, don't get me wrong, just wonder why it was chosen.

We wanted it for a Fedora News site. Refer

At this point, I think we're blocked on a theme (outside my skillset). I
think jonrob was going to look at this time-permitting.

If we've made progress on this front, I can help w/ the puppetization,
if that's still outstanding.

If you can get an instance up I can poke with, I can write the theme.

~m

Old 03-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Bret McMillan wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Clint Savage wrote:

Mike,

Do you have a link to the mailing list thread? I'd like to read up on
it. I like MU, don't get me wrong, just wonder why it was chosen.

We wanted it for a Fedora News site. Refer

At this point, I think we're blocked on a theme (outside my skillset). I
think jonrob was going to look at this time-permitting.

Jon Rob won't have time for this for a while.

http://jonrob.wordpress.com/2009/03/09/time-out/

Mo, if you can get a theme going, I would like to launch this news site
soon, ahead of Fedora 11. Thanks for the help.

Rahul

Thu Mar 12 21:30:01 2009
Mar 2009 11:57:12 -0700 (PDT)