Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default Wordpress?

Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone had interest in setting up a Wordpress MU install for Fedora's infrastructure?

Gerold Kassube on the marketing team had this cool idea to set up a blog per Fedora foundation (freedom, friends, features, first) and the multiuser capabilities of wordpress seem ideal to drive the project.

Let me know if you have any interest in this. It would be really, really useful for Fedora's marketing.

Thanks,
~m

Old 03-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Clint Savage

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I was wondering if anyone had interest in setting up a Wordpress MU install for Fedora's infrastructure?
>
> Gerold Kassube on the marketing team had this cool idea to set up a blog per Fedora foundation (freedom, friends, features, first) and the multiuser capabilities of wordpress seem ideal to drive the project.
>
> Let me know if you have any interest in this. It would be really, really useful for Fedora's marketing.
>
> Thanks,
> ~m

I'd like you to sell me on the reason for four different blogs
(essentially what WP-MU gives) as I've set up WP-MU before and it's
pretty easy...

My concern is that it would be just as easy to create topics in one
blog and just customize pages to pull based upon topic. Pretty easy
to do actually.

So anyway, if you can make a good argument for MU, I'd love to help.

Clint