Old 03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Mike McGrath

Default FAS freeze

If you're not toshio or myself please leave the account system stuff alone
in puppet until further notice. We're in the process of a multi-part
migration (both an FAS update and a conversion to an fas module) and
changes would muddy things up

I hope to have it all cleaned up soon. If you do need to make a change
coordinate it with me or toshio.

-Mike

Old 03-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Mike McGrath wrote:
> If you're not toshio or myself please leave the account system stuff alone
> in puppet until further notice. We're in the process of a multi-part
> migration (both an FAS update and a conversion to an fas module) and
> changes would muddy things up
>
> I hope to have it all cleaned up soon. If you do need to make a change
> coordinate it with me or toshio.

Just a note on this,

The new fas version is currently running on:
https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/accounts

It's using a copy of the database from a few days ago. We might resync
the data at any point.

Feel free to do some testing that things work there. I'm primarily
testing that the CSRF protection is working but there's been other
changes as well. So please report any bugs you find to me.

(abadger1999 in #fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net or send email to me or
the list.)

-Toshio

Old 03-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Xavier Lamien

2009/3/4 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com>:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
>> If you're not toshio or myself please leave the account system stuff alone
>> in puppet until further notice. *We're in the process of a multi-part
>> migration (both an FAS update and a conversion to an fas module) and
>> changes would muddy things up
>>
>> I hope to have it all cleaned up soon. *If you do need to make a change
>> coordinate it with me or toshio.
>>
> Just a note on this,
>
> The new fas version is currently running on:
> *https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/accounts

it seems redirect to admin.fedoraproject.org/accouns
and same version as production has 0.8.4.7

--
Xavier.t Lamien

Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Xavier Lamien wrote:
> 2009/3/4 Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger@gmail.com>:
>> Mike McGrath wrote:
>>> If you're not toshio or myself please leave the account system stuff alone
>>> in puppet until further notice. We're in the process of a multi-part
>>> migration (both an FAS update and a conversion to an fas module) and
>>> changes would muddy things up
>>>
>>> I hope to have it all cleaned up soon. If you do need to make a change
>>> coordinate it with me or toshio.
>>>
>> Just a note on this,
>>
>> The new fas version is currently running on:
>> https://admin.stg.fedoraproject.org/accounts
>
> it seems redirect to admin.fedoraproject.org/accouns
> and same version as production has 0.8.4.7

Trailing slash tripped me up.

This should work:

Old 03-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Damian Myerscough

Hello Toshio,

I was messing with the FAS system and when I do the following:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/list?search=<?php%20echo%20"Hello%20World";%20?>

I get a 500 internal error "The server encountered an unexpected
condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request". I know no one
would normally run this query but I wonder why it is causing a 500
internal error, is it possible to have a look at the logs?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Damian Myerscough wrote:
> Hello Toshio,
>
> I was messing with the FAS system and when I do the following:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/user/list?search=<?php%20echo%20"Hello%20World";%20?>
>

> I get a 500 internal error "The server encountered an unexpected
> condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request". I know no one
> would normally run this query but I wonder why it is causing a 500
> internal error, is it possible to have a look at the logs?

The error seems to be taking place inside TurboGears... I don't think we
have an opportunity to catch it although there might be either a config
option or a special decorator we could use to catch this kind of error.

The reason it causes errors is that the URL is malformed... There's more
in that string that has to be escaped.

-Toshio