Old 11-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Mike McGrath

Default Fedora 9 - A release preview

So what do we want to see by the Fedora 9 release? Here's a list I'd
like to see:

1) Remove all of our FC6 boxes (either by upgrade or move to RHEL)

2) Separate Test infrastructure - Right now we have people using test
boxes that connect to production databases and information. This needs
to stop. (I understand luke and dgilmore have had some discussions about
this already)

3) Finalized backup solution and koji share (we are out of room for both
backups and koji)

4) Further hardening of our systems. Implementing puppet has done a lot
of good but there's more that needs to be done. This includes making
sure all boxes come up as expected on reboot. Ensuring we have some
sort of management system in place for our xen guests that can run on
multiple hosts.

5) Further system replication - Anything related to distribution or the
primary website (including docs, and mirrors) should be able to run
while PHX is down. Its already pretty close to that.

6) New torrent server

7) New collaboration servers

8) Move hosted out of PHX and on to new server beach systems. This will
likely include creating a new "hosted" group.

9) FAS2 - This will be a big project and is one I'm hoping to accomplish
prior to F9 test1. Ricky has done some great work with it, we'll see
what it takes to finish it off.

10) Better systems integration - Many of our systems now support
different rss feeds and such. We can more easily integrate these
systems together with groups, koji, pkgdb, FAS2, bodhi, you name it.

11) Fewer new systems - This goes along with all the stuff we did to get
F7 and F8 ready. For F9 I'd like to see the team take a bit more time
taking each project to focus on that last 10%. Its always harder then
it seems and with the FAS switchover I feel its important.

:: whew ::

I'd like to spend time at next week's meeting (I'll likely not be at
this weeks meeting) talking about what is important for the individuals
in the rest of the team to get done. After that meeting we'll have a F9
milestone in place and populated with tickets.

What else do you guys want to do in the next 6 months?

Whats important to you not only as a Fedora Infrastructure member, but
as a contributor?

-Mike

Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Jeremy Katz

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 15:03 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> 8) Move hosted out of PHX and on to new server beach systems. This will
> likely include creating a new "hosted" group.

Somewhat related is that it'd be good to build up new machines per-SCM
as opposed to the current fun with chroots on cvs.fedoraproject.org. I
should get back to the work I started for replacing
git.fedoraproject.org as a first one to tackle

Jeremy

Old 11-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Mike McGrath