Old 11-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default Fedora 9 - A release preview

Mike McGrath wrote:

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
8) Move hosted out of PHX and on to new server beach systems. This
will likely include creating a new "hosted" group.

Are we going to consider anything in the git/bzr/hg/svn repositories
to be hosted for this purpose? A few things in there pre-date tthe
existence of hosted.

Not sure, I'd like to build a clearly defined list of what we provide as
part of "hosted". We can grandfather in whats there I suppose if we
can't come to an agreement. What projects specifically are you
wondering about?

I wonder mostly because I want to figure out if we'll be hosting one
git/hg repo after the hosted split-off or two. The things in git and hg
but not in a hosted repo are:

git:
gitreleng:
releng
gitkernel:
dhoward.git/ext3-devel
linville/netmerge-2.6.git
roland.git
steved.git
gitzaitcev:
zaitcev/linux-2.6-volk.git
gitpilgrim:
pilgrim
gitthemes:
bluecurve-classic-metacity-theme fedorabubbles-gdm-theme
bluecurve-gdm-theme fedoradna-gdm-theme
bluecurve-gnome-theme fedoradna-kdm-theme
bluecurve-gtk-themes fedoraflyinghigh-gdm-theme
bluecurve-icon-theme fedoraflyinghigh-kdm-theme
bluecurve-kde-theme fedora-gnome-theme
bluecurve-kdm-theme fedora-icon-theme
bluecurve-kwin-theme fedorainfinity-gdm-theme
bluecurve-metacity-theme fedorainfinity-screensaver-theme
bluecurve-qt-engine fedora-screensaver-theme
bluecurve-xmms-skin

hg:
hgfedora:
livecd-devel
hgolpc:
olpc-artwork--devel qemu-admin--devel
sugar--devel system-config-qemu--devel
qemu-manager--devel capture-pixmap--devel
image--devel mem-monitor--devel
qemu-network--devel sdk--devel

-Toshio

Old 11-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Jeremy Katz

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 16:24 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >>
> >> Why not add an additional symlink from the root dir to make the
> >> path consistent?
> >>
> > Could be done with separate machines but can't be done now due to all
> > the hosted repositories being on the same machine.
> >
> > ie, we have:
> > /git/hosted
> > /bzr/hosted
> > /hg/hosted
> > /svn/hosted
> >
> > Which of these should a /hosted symlink point to?
>
> I think he's talking about fedora-infrastructure.git ->
> /git/hosted/fedora-infrastructure
>
> This does raise a good point though, surely there's a git approved way
> of dealing with this.

The normal way is that you just have the /git or whatnot. The addition
of hosted/ in there is purely our own doing

Jeremy

Old 11-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Jeremy Katz

On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 14:59 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
> >>>
> >> Are we going to consider anything in the git/bzr/hg/svn repositories
> >> to be hosted for this purpose? A few things in there pre-date tthe
> >> existence of hosted.
> >

> > Not sure, I'd like to build a clearly defined list of what we provide as
> > part of "hosted". We can grandfather in whats there I suppose if we
> > can't come to an agreement. What projects specifically are you
> > wondering about?
> >
> I wonder mostly because I want to figure out if we'll be hosting one
> git/hg repo after the hosted split-off or two. The things in git and hg
> but not in a hosted repo are:

I'd really prefer to only have to host one machine running services per
SCM if at all possible. And there's no reason it shouldn't be.

Jeremy

Old 11-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Jesse Keating

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:46:00 -0500
Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> wrote:

> The normal way is that you just have the /git or whatnot. The
> addition of hosted/ in there is purely our own doing

It was our doing to separate out the non hosted stuff from the hosted
stuff, as I had no idea once we split things off if the hosted stuff
would live out on it's own, vs the other git stuff.

--
Jesse Keating