Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Patrice Dumas

Default adding releases to bodhi and cluttered menu

Hello,

This question is asked in the context of
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pertusus/Draft_keeping_infra_open_for_EOL
which has not already been approved by FESCO, so this could have no
follow-up, though I think that this issue is also relevant for EPEL.

Till raised an interesting issue associated with adding more releases in
bodhi: each release takes some place in the left menu. Another could
still be right, but I think that 4 or more will certainly be
problematic. Has this issue already been considered? What is the plan
for EPEL when it switches to using bodhi? In addition to being there
there will be in the end 3 to 5 EPEL versions in parallel so this is
certainly an issue that will arise.

Any comment, idea?

If it ends up that for the proposal (or for EPEL) another bodhi server
has to be set up, can you tell if it is easy rather easy to set up and
administer or rather hard?

--
Pat

Old 10-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Luke Macken

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:27:36PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This question is asked in the context of
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pertusus/Draft_keeping_infra_open_for_EOL
> which has not already been approved by FESCO, so this could have no
> follow-up, though I think that this issue is also relevant for EPEL.
>
> Till raised an interesting issue associated with adding more releases in
> bodhi: each release takes some place in the left menu. Another could
> still be right, but I think that 4 or more will certainly be
> problematic. Has this issue already been considered? What is the plan
> for EPEL when it switches to using bodhi? In addition to being there
> there will be in the end 3 to 5 EPEL versions in parallel so this is
> certainly an issue that will arise.
>
> Any comment, idea?

The next major bodhi release will allow single updates to span
across various releases. I also would like to add a differentiation
between 'Products' (Fedora/EPEL). With this new model, we could
easily come up with a nice sidebar view that can encompass everything.

> If it ends up that for the proposal (or for EPEL) another bodhi server
> has to be set up, can you tell if it is easy rather easy to set up and
> administer or rather hard?

It's extremely easy to setup, and not very difficult to maintain, but
I'm not sure I see any value in setting up a separate instance for EPEL.

luke