FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Mike McGrath
 
Default Maps

Anyone interested in getting our fedoraproject.org/maps/ infrastructure
back in place? It was up and running in FC6, after the rebuild and no
more FC6 boxes though, we no longer have active maps.

-Mike

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 10-10-2008, 08:30 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Maps

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 13:51 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Anyone interested in getting our fedoraproject.org/maps/ infrastructure
> back in place? It was up and running in FC6, after the rebuild and no
> more FC6 boxes though, we no longer have active maps.

These maps were really helpful to the Community Architecture team in
forming strategy and evangelizing. Having the maps back on the map
(sorry) would be of great value.

--
Paul W. Frields
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug
_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 10-10-2008, 08:34 PM
seth vidal
 
Default Maps

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 16:30 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 13:51 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Anyone interested in getting our fedoraproject.org/maps/ infrastructure
> > back in place? It was up and running in FC6, after the rebuild and no
> > more FC6 boxes though, we no longer have active maps.
>
> These maps were really helpful to the Community Architecture team in
> forming strategy and evangelizing. Having the maps back on the map
> (sorry) would be of great value.
>

Mike,
Do we still have the lvm for the publictest box that was fc6 that was
running the map code? I ask b/c I think the scripts to run it were in
jima's homedir.

He asked me about restoring them and in the melee of the incident I
forgot about them.

I migrated the existing maps statically and left them alone until we had
some more time to figure out what was missing to move them to run on
rhel5, iirc.

if we still have that lvm, I can pull his old homedir and get the
scripts back up.
-sv



_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 10-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Mike McGrath
 
Default Maps

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, seth vidal wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 16:30 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 13:51 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > > Anyone interested in getting our fedoraproject.org/maps/ infrastructure
> > > back in place? It was up and running in FC6, after the rebuild and no
> > > more FC6 boxes though, we no longer have active maps.
> >
> > These maps were really helpful to the Community Architecture team in
> > forming strategy and evangelizing. Having the maps back on the map
> > (sorry) would be of great value.
> >
>
> Mike,
> Do we still have the lvm for the publictest box that was fc6 that was
> running the map code? I ask b/c I think the scripts to run it were in
> jima's homedir.
>
> He asked me about restoring them and in the melee of the incident I
> forgot about them.
>
> I migrated the existing maps statically and left them alone until we had
> some more time to figure out what was missing to move them to run on
> rhel5, iirc.
>
> if we still have that lvm, I can pull his old homedir and get the
> scripts back up.

We've still got that, also there is a geoip directory in our
fedora-infrastructure.git/scripts repo though I'm not sure how recent it
is.

-Mike

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 10-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala
 
Default Maps

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, seth vidal wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 16:30 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 13:51 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
>>>> Anyone interested in getting our fedoraproject.org/maps/ infrastructure
>>>> back in place? It was up and running in FC6, after the rebuild and no
>>>> more FC6 boxes though, we no longer have active maps.
>>> These maps were really helpful to the Community Architecture team in
>>> forming strategy and evangelizing. Having the maps back on the map
>>> (sorry) would be of great value.
>>>

Did some juggling with the scripts and got a working prototype at:
http://publictest15.fedoraproject.org/maps/

Since publictest15 does not have any logs, i copied a couple of logs
manually ran the script, more work to be done on this in the next few
days and finally the deployment on log1 if all goes well.

- --
Regards,
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala, RHCE, CCNA (IRC: huzaifas)


GnuPG Fingerprint:
3A0F DAFB 9279 02ED 273B FFE9 CC70 DCF2 DA5B DAE5



-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Red Hat - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFI9IvyzHDc8tpb2uURAiuYAJ9XlWb8hDUBtoYum03QZM tQHdk+4QCbBkJx
kQHEHO/Nj8HmD2XWLj1o5NU=
=DOo3
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 
Old 10-14-2008, 12:36 PM
"Paul W. Frields"
 
Default Maps

On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 17:39 +0530, Huzaifa Sidhpurwala wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Mike McGrath wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, seth vidal wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 16:30 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >>> On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 13:51 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> >>>> Anyone interested in getting our fedoraproject.org/maps/ infrastructure
> >>>> back in place? It was up and running in FC6, after the rebuild and no
> >>>> more FC6 boxes though, we no longer have active maps.
> >>> These maps were really helpful to the Community Architecture team in
> >>> forming strategy and evangelizing. Having the maps back on the map
> >>> (sorry) would be of great value.
> >>>
>
> Did some juggling with the scripts and got a working prototype at:
> http://publictest15.fedoraproject.org/maps/
>
> Since publictest15 does not have any logs, i copied a couple of logs
> manually ran the script, more work to be done on this in the next few
> days and finally the deployment on log1 if all goes well.

This is great progress Huzaifa! Thank you for working on this and I
look forward to seeing more in the next few days.

--
Paul W. Frields
gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug
_______________________________________________
Fedora-infrastructure-list mailing list
Fedora-infrastructure-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-infrastructure-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:41 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org