Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Mike McGrath

Default fedorahosted.org is ready for testing

Mike McGrath wrote:
I'd like to move all the services and things from their current
location to the serverbeach hardware tomorrow around noon. In the
mean time I'd like some help testing. We've changed the domain name
to fedorahosted.org so we can avoid any namespace issues in the future
regarding email addresses or server addresses. I've requested an SSL
cert but it could be a bit before we get it (https on that site will
hit the hosted.fedoraproject.org cert and throw a warning). Feel free
to test by checking out and committing to your repo, those changes (if
using fedorahoste.org addresses below) will be wiped out when we do
the final move.

Oops, forgot http://fedorahosted.org/

-Mike

Old 12-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Florian La Roche

> I'm also working on putting a little website together with content about
> what it is, how to ask for it and move that content off of the wiki.

Hello Mike,

new site looks really great. How much of it is using selinux
to further tighten it up? I think we should add that to as many as
possible Fedora infrastructure setups as possible. (Probably as
a F9+ target.)

regards,

Florian La Roche

Old 12-12-2007, 09:23 AM
"Paulo Santos"

And is this the preparation to officially announce hosted ?

Paulo

Old 12-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Jesse Keating

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 11:23:17 +0100
"Paulo Santos" <paulo.banon@googlemail.com> wrote:

> And is this the preparation to officially announce hosted ?

I'm still not quite happy to announce hosted as moving out of beta.
This is certainly a step forward. I'd still like to get hosted
consumers the ability to theme their hosted environment, as well as
some raw webspace, before we call it production.

--
Jesse Keating

Old 12-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Mike McGrath

Florian La Roche wrote:
I'm also working on putting a little website together with content about
what it is, how to ask for it and move that content off of the wiki.

Hello Mike,

new site looks really great. How much of it is using selinux
to further tighten it up? I think we should add that to as many as
possible Fedora infrastructure setups as possible. (Probably as
a F9+ target.)

We've had luke working on this a little, I still have yet to see a solid
proposal on how to config manage puppet modules and deploy them on a
larger scale. All of the selinux tools I've seen work at the machine level.

-Mike

Old 12-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Mike McGrath

Mike McGrath wrote:

Florian La Roche wrote:
I'm also working on putting a little website together with content
about what it is, how to ask for it and move that content off of the
wiki.

Hello Mike,

new site looks really great. How much of it is using selinux
to further tighten it up? I think we should add that to as many as
possible Fedora infrastructure setups as possible. (Probably as
a F9+ target.)

We've had luke working on this a little, I still have yet to see a
solid proposal on how to config manage puppet modules and deploy them
on a larger scale. All of the selinux tools I've seen work at the
machine level.

Sorry, this should s/puppet modules/selinux policies/

-Mike

Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 PM
David Lutterkort

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 08:25 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
> >
> > We've had luke working on this a little, I still have yet to see a
> > solid proposal on how to config manage puppet modules and deploy them
> > on a larger scale. All of the selinux tools I've seen work at the
> > machine level.
>
> Sorry, this should s/puppet modules/selinux policies/

Very timely typo though; there's some people on the puppet lists who are
interested in distributing selinux policy through puppet[1] Might be
worth for whoever is doing that for Fedora infrastructure to get in
touch with them.

David

[1]
http://mail.madstop.com/pipermail/puppet-users/2007-December/005493.html

Old 12-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Till Maas

Hiyas,

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 21:05:02 Mike McGrath wrote:

> Git users:
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/$PROJECT (anon, ro)

> HG users:
> http://hg.fedorahosted.org/hg/$PROJECT (anon, ro)

> BZR users:
> http://bzr.fedorahosted.org/bzr/$PROJECT (anon, ro)

> SVN users:
> http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/$PROJECT (anon, ro)

Will there be https access to these locations, too?

Regards,
Till

Old 12-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Till Maas

On Tuesday 11 December 2007 21:05:02 Mike McGrath wrote:

> the hosted.fedoraproject.org cert and throw a warning). Feel free to
> test by checking out and committing to your repo, those changes (if
> using fedorahoste.org addresses below) will be wiped out when we do the
> final move.

Is this still the plan/situation? It seems to me that hosted.fedoraproject.org
and fedorahosted.org serve the same content.

Regards,
Till