Old 10-05-2008, 01:17 AM
Ricky Zhou

Default refresh_mirrorlist_cache traceback

Hey, we've been seeing refresh_mirrorlist_cache errors like this recently:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/mirrormanager/server/refresh_mirrorlist_cache", line 41, in ?
sys.exit(main())
File "/usr/share/mirrormanager/server/refresh_mirrorlist_cache", line 36, in main
doit()
File "/usr/share/mirrormanager/server/refresh_mirrorlist_cache", line 16, in doit
populate_all_caches()
File "/usr/share/mirrormanager/server/mirrormanager/mirrorlist.py", line 248, in populate_all_caches
populate_directory_cache()
File "/usr/share/mirrormanager/server/mirrormanager/mirrorlist.py", line 113, in populate_directory_cache
if hcurl is None or len(hcurl) == 0: continue
TypeError: len() of unsized object

It looks like it's coming from line 113 of
/usr/share/mirrormanager/server/mirrormanager/mirrorlist.py:
if hcurl is None or len(hcurl) == 0: continue

Should this be changed to just: "if not hcurl: continue" ? I think
hcurl comes from a SQLObject query, so I'm not 100% sure. Matt, could
you take a look at this?

Thanks,
Ricky

Old 10-05-2008, 05:02 AM
Matt Domsch

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 09:17:38PM -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> It looks like it's coming from line 113 of
> /usr/share/mirrormanager/server/mirrormanager/mirrorlist.py:
> if hcurl is None or len(hcurl) == 0: continue
>
> Should this be changed to just: "if not hcurl: continue" ? I think
> hcurl comes from a SQLObject query, so I'm not 100% sure. Matt, could
> you take a look at this?

fixed now, thanks for the report. kind of hard to take a length of an int.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux