Old 10-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Matt Domsch

Default metalinks for F10 download pages

mirrors.fp.o now supports metalinks [1]. metalinks are XML documents
that act like a yum mirrorlist, but with more detail, allowing client
download tools to more easily select a mirror that will be fastest for
them.

Just as you have the BitTorrent, Direct Download, and Jigdo columns
now, I'd like to consider adding a Metalink column.

It's easy to get the metalink URL for a given download.fp.o ISO URL.

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/10-Beta/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-10-Beta-i386-DVD.iso

becomes

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/10-Beta/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-10-Beta-i386-DVD.iso

(e.g. s:download:mirrors:, sub(.*):metalink?path=pub$1: )

Let me know if you have any questions. If you wanted to add them to
the 10-Beta download page now, that'd be fine with me too.

Thanks,
Matt
Fedora Mirror Wrangler.

[1] http://metalinker.org/

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux

Old 10-03-2008, 01:34 PM
"Jeffrey Ollie"

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@dell.com> wrote:

> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?path=pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/10-Beta/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-10-Beta-i386-DVD.iso

Are these links supposed to work in Firefox (at least for testing)? I
get "# Server Error" when I click on it in Firefox.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"

Old 10-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Jesse Keating

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 08:34 -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

> Are these links supposed to work in Firefox (at least for testing)? I
> get "# Server Error" when I click on it in Firefox.

There was some MirrorManager work done yesterday, are you still seeing
this issue?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:12 PM
"Jeffrey Ollie"

2008/10/3 Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com>:
> On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 08:34 -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>>
>> Are these links supposed to work in Firefox (at least for testing)? I
>> get "# Server Error" when I click on it in Firefox.
>
> There was some MirrorManager work done yesterday, are you still seeing
> this issue?

Seems to be working now.