Old 09-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Dennis Gilmore

Default func logrotate fix

On Sunday 28 September 2008 05:29:14 pm Mike McGrath wrote:
> I'd like to implement the following global fix (its generating cron spam)
>
> in /etc/logrotate.d/func_rotate I'd like to change line 8 from
>
> /etc/init.d/funcd condrestart

> /etc/init.d/funcd condrestart > /dev/null
>
> Can I get 2 +1's?
+1

reducing un-needed spam is good

Dennis

Old 09-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Mike McGrath wrote:

I'd like to implement the following global fix (its generating cron spam)

in /etc/logrotate.d/func_rotate I'd like to change line 8 from

/etc/init.d/funcd condrestart

/etc/init.d/funcd condrestart > /dev/null

Can I get 2 +1's?

Sounds reasonable to me, +1.

-Jeroen

Old 09-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Ricky Zhou

On 2008-09-28 05:29:14 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> I'd like to implement the following global fix (its generating cron spam)
>
> in /etc/logrotate.d/func_rotate I'd like to change line 8 from
>
> /etc/init.d/funcd condrestart

> /etc/init.d/funcd condrestart > /dev/null
>
> Can I get 2 +1's?
+1

Old 09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
"Xavier Lamien"

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> I'd like to implement the following global fix (its generating cron spam)
>
> in /etc/logrotate.d/func_rotate I'd like to change line 8 from
>
> /etc/init.d/funcd condrestart

> /etc/init.d/funcd condrestart > /dev/null
>
> Can I get 2 +1's?

+1

--
Xavier.t Lamien

Old 09-28-2008, 11:28 PM
"Jon Stanley"

I'll throw a -1 in here (not that my vote matters for anything ).
Not because of any risk in the change, but rather it violates the
concept of a change freeze. It doesn't affect service, so if I went to
our change management meeting at work with something like this during
a change freeze I'd be laughed out of the room and told to wait.

In my mind, we either have change freezes and stick to them, or we
just forgo the charade.

On 9/28/08, Xavier Lamien <laxathom@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:29 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to implement the following global fix (its generating cron spam)
>>
>> in /etc/logrotate.d/func_rotate I'd like to change line 8 from
>>
>> /etc/init.d/funcd condrestart

>> /etc/init.d/funcd condrestart > /dev/null
>>
>> Can I get 2 +1's?
>
> +1
>
> --
> Xavier.t Lamien
> --
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/XavierLamien
> GPG-Key ID: F3903DEB
> Fingerprint: 0F2A 7A17 0F1B 82EE FCBF 1F51 76B7 A28D F390 3DEB

Sent from my mobile device

Jon Stanley
Fedora Bug Wrangler
jstanley@fedoraproject.org