Old 09-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default Spectrum?

William Jon McCann wrote:

Hi,

Is there a reason why Mike Langlie's Spectrum wallpaper is no longer
being considered for Fedora 10?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/spectrum

I've looked at the wiki and I'm still not sure exactly how this
selection process works.

It was not completed. From
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes#How_to_Play:

"Round 2: Visually refine the concepts gathered in round 1. For this
round a theme must contain at least a wallpaper draft, and 3 supporting
artwork: one vertically long, one horizontally long and a square one.
Deadline: Mon Sep 01 2008"

~m

Old 09-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Ian Weller

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 07:28:06PM -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> Is there a reason why Mike Langlie's Spectrum wallpaper is no longer
> being considered for Fedora 10?
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/spectrum

I was gonna complete this for Mike but I unfortunately ran out of time.

I might repropose it for him (or make it from scratch in inkscape,
hopefully) for a later version of Fedora. Or, of course, he can
repropose it for then.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com> http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint: E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226 B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36

Old 09-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Mike Langlie

Ian Weller wrote:

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 07:28:06PM -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:

Is there a reason why Mike Langlie's Spectrum wallpaper is no longer
being considered for Fedora 10?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/spectrum

I was gonna complete this for Mike but I unfortunately ran out of time.

I might repropose it for him (or make it from scratch in inkscape,
hopefully) for a later version of Fedora. Or, of course, he can
repropose it for then.

Sorry for the incompletion, been bludgeonably busy.
Mike

Old 09-24-2008, 05:38 PM
"David Nielsen"

*

Is there a reason why Mike Langlie's Spectrum wallpaper is no longer

being considered for Fedora 10?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/spectrum

* *

I was gonna complete this for Mike but I unfortunately ran out of time.

I might repropose it for him (or make it from scratch in inkscape,

hopefully) for a later version of Fedora. Or, of course, he can

repropose it for then.

*

Sorry for the incompletion, been bludgeonably busy.
It's to bad I have been using the original spectrum background for a while now and I really love it. I hope to see a nice professional looking full theme like it presented for F11.

- David

Old 09-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Ian Weller

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 07:38:06PM +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> It's to bad I have been using the original spectrum background for a while
> now and I really love it. I hope to see a nice professional looking full
> theme like it presented for F11.

Yeah, I would too. I'll collaborate with Mike as necessary... hopefully
I will have a bit more free time before F11. (hah, funny)