Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Kevin Cadieux

Default A new member...

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin, and I just recently created my account to be a member of the
Fedora Project. I was interested in getting involved, so I looked at the
different sub-projects on the wiki. I found that the Infrastructure sub-project
was the one that suited best my experience and interests. So here I am now,
writing to you all to introduce myself

I am a Computer Engineering student at the University of Sherbrooke in Quebec,
Canada. I am very organized with my school work so I can easily manage to get
10 to 20 hours of "Fedora" time per week. I am still in the process of reading
the different documents on the wiki in order to get up to speed with Fedora and
the Infrastructure group. So, if you have any advice as to what would be the
best thing to start with, feel free to let me know. It would be greatly
appreciated. In the meantime, I'll continue my reading and let you all know
when I feel ready to roll.

Thanks a lot,

Kevin

Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Toshio Kuratomi

Kevin Cadieux wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Kevin, and I just recently created my account to be a member of the
> Fedora Project. I was interested in getting involved, so I looked at the
> different sub-projects on the wiki. I found that the Infrastructure sub-project
> was the one that suited best my experience and interests. So here I am now,
> writing to you all to introduce myself
>
> I am a Computer Engineering student at the University of Sherbrooke in Quebec,
> Canada. I am very organized with my school work so I can easily manage to get
> 10 to 20 hours of "Fedora" time per week. I am still in the process of reading
> the different documents on the wiki in order to get up to speed with Fedora and
> the Infrastructure group. So, if you have any advice as to what would be the
> best thing to start with, feel free to let me know. It would be greatly
> appreciated. In the meantime, I'll continue my reading and let you all know
> when I feel ready to roll.

Welcome!

It really depends on what your interests and skills are. The first
question to ask is do you want to start off with programming or system
administration? Many of us cross the boundaries into both sides of that
but in terms of getting started on a first project and finding a mentor
to show you the ropes, it's good to have some focus on one or the other
at first.

-Toshio