-   -   Change request: bugfix for packagedb-bzsync (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-infrastructure/164357-change-request-bugfix-packagedb-bzsync.html)

Toshio Kuratomi 09-22-2008 05:52 PM

Change request: bugfix for packagedb-bzsync

We've got a pair of problems with the packagedb-bugzilla sync script
that is keeping bugzilla from being updated with new information that
I'd like to deploy. Both are extremely simple (so easy to back out) and
both are causing bugzilla to not update.

1) config change. The debug flag was left on when we deployed a new
version of the script a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, for this script,
debug implies dry_run. So no updates occur while debug is on.

2) one line bugfix. The script was attempting to change a variable
containing a fas username into a bugzilla email address twice. This
failed on the second attempt since the email address couldn't be found
in the username field.

This change affects app5 (where the scripts run) and bugzilla. Since
the script was hitting pkgdb before (just not updating bugzilla), it
shouldn't affect the pkgdb.

Can I get two +1's ?

-Toshio

Ricky Zhou 09-22-2008 05:58 PM

On 2008-09-22 10:52:13 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> We've got a pair of problems with the packagedb-bugzilla sync script
> that is keeping bugzilla from being updated with new information that
> I'd like to deploy. Both are extremely simple (so easy to back out) and
> both are causing bugzilla to not update.
>
> 1) config change. The debug flag was left on when we deployed a new
> version of the script a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, for this script,
> debug implies dry_run. So no updates occur while debug is on.
+1

> 2) one line bugfix. The script was attempting to change a variable
> containing a fas username into a bugzilla email address twice. This
> failed on the second attempt since the email address couldn't be found
> in the username field.
+1

Thanks,
Ricky

Mike McGrath 09-22-2008 06:02 PM

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> We've got a pair of problems with the packagedb-bugzilla sync script
> that is keeping bugzilla from being updated with new information that
> I'd like to deploy. Both are extremely simple (so easy to back out) and
> both are causing bugzilla to not update.
>
> 1) config change. The debug flag was left on when we deployed a new
> version of the script a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, for this script,
> debug implies dry_run. So no updates occur while debug is on.

+1

> 2) one line bugfix. The script was attempting to change a variable
> containing a fas username into a bugzilla email address twice. This
> failed on the second attempt since the email address couldn't be found
> in the username field.
>
> This change affects app5 (where the scripts run) and bugzilla. Since
> the script was hitting pkgdb before (just not updating bugzilla), it
> shouldn't affect the pkgdb.

+1

-Mike