Old 09-24-2008, 10:13 PM
"Xavier Lamien"

Default Puppet training

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> Well crap guys, my bad. I never finalized this and the time has come and
> gone.. Will next week on wed at 4:00 work for everyone still?

Is still your local time or UTC ?

My try:
4:00pm UTC --> 6:00pm (my local time) half-OK
4:00pm (your local time) --> 10:00pm (my local time) OK

--
Xavier.t Lamien

Old 09-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Ricky Zhou

On 2008-09-24 05:04:05 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Well crap guys, my bad. I never finalized this and the time has come and
> gone.. Will next week on wed at 4:00 work for everyone still?
Sounds good, and I hopefully won't have a bunch of tests this time
around :-)

Thanks,
Ricky

Old 09-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Well crap guys, my bad. I never finalized this and the time has come and
> gone.. Will next week on wed at 4:00 work for everyone still?

wfm.

And this time when I think my alarm goes off an hour early, I'll
remember that Chicago is two hours ahead of me, not one :-)

-Toshio

Old 09-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Paul VanGundy

Well crap guys, my bad. I never finalized this and the time has
come and

gone.. Will next week on wed at 4:00 work for everyone still?

-Mike

Sounds good.

/paul

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Luke Macken wrote:

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 09:49:56PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

Mike McGrath wrote:

Hey guys, i think I'd like to hold puppet training next week on Wed
sometime. Which would work best for you guys:

1:00 pm Chicago time
4:00 pm Chicago time.

The live training will be identical to this training:

http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/puppet/

But will allow for Q and A. The training at that links includes
an ogg
and takes about a half hour to complete at full speed though if
you're new

to puppet its worth it to stop in the middle and review some of the
topics. If you have any questions or comments about it please
let me
know. The slideshow is made with openoffice and I made the ogg
with

audacity. My throat hurts now so I'm going to get some tea

I'll go with the crowd and say 4:00PM but either works for me :-)

Ditto.

luke

Old 09-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Mike McGrath

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Xavier Lamien wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 12:04 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Well crap guys, my bad. I never finalized this and the time has come and
> > gone.. Will next week on wed at 4:00 work for everyone still?
> >

> Is still your local time or UTC ?

My local time. I should have listed it UTC...

-Mike

Old 10-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

> Well crap guys, my bad. I never finalized this and the time has come and
> gone.. Will next week on wed at 4:00 work for everyone still?

Ok, its time! So we're looking at 4:00 Central time or:

date -d "2008-10-01 21:00 UTC"

The slides are:
http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/puppet/PuppetTraining.odp

We'll have the discussion at extension 2001 or
sip:infrastructure@fedoraproject.org.

if you don't have soft voip capabilities see
http://talk.fedoraproject.org/ for local dial in numbers (if you are near
one)

Also, should we also have an IRC channel for people to ask questions in
like last time? I'd encourage everyone who's doing this but doesn't use
voip regularly to come by #fedora-admin and test your setup before the
meeting. It can often not work as you'd expect and if you're causing
noise on the line it will delay the training.

-Mike

Old 10-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
> > Well crap guys, my bad. I never finalized this and the time has come and
> > gone.. Will next week on wed at 4:00 work for everyone still?
> >

> Ok, its time! So we're looking at 4:00 Central time or:
>
> date -d "2008-10-01 21:00 UTC"
>
> The slides are:
> http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/puppet/PuppetTraining.odp
>
> We'll have the discussion at extension 2001 or
> sip:infrastructure@fedoraproject.org.
>
> if you don't have soft voip capabilities see
> http://talk.fedoraproject.org/ for local dial in numbers (if you are near
> one)
>
> Also, should we also have an IRC channel for people to ask questions in
> like last time? I'd encourage everyone who's doing this but doesn't use
> voip regularly to come by #fedora-admin and test your setup before the
> meeting. It can often not work as you'd expect and if you're causing
> noise on the line it will delay the training.

Just a reminder... 50 minutes from now!

-Mike

Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:
> >
> > > Well crap guys, my bad. I never finalized this and the time has come and
> > > gone.. Will next week on wed at 4:00 work for everyone still?
> > >

> > Ok, its time! So we're looking at 4:00 Central time or:
> >
> > date -d "2008-10-01 21:00 UTC"
> >
> > The slides are:
> > http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/puppet/PuppetTraining.odp
> >
> > We'll have the discussion at extension 2001 or
> > sip:infrastructure@fedoraproject.org.
> >
> > if you don't have soft voip capabilities see
> > http://talk.fedoraproject.org/ for local dial in numbers (if you are near
> > one)
> >
> > Also, should we also have an IRC channel for people to ask questions in
> > like last time? I'd encourage everyone who's doing this but doesn't use
> > voip regularly to come by #fedora-admin and test your setup before the
> > meeting. It can often not work as you'd expect and if you're causing
> > noise on the line it will delay the training.
> >

> Just a reminder... 50 minutes from now!

Also we'll be working in #fedora-meeting2 as well.

-Mike

Old 10-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Mike McGrath

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

> > > Ok, its time! So we're looking at 4:00 Central time or:
> > >
> > > date -d "2008-10-01 21:00 UTC"
> > >
> > > The slides are:
> > > http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/puppet/PuppetTraining.odp
> > >
> > > We'll have the discussion at extension 2001 or
> > > sip:infrastructure@fedoraproject.org.
> > >
> > > if you don't have soft voip capabilities see
> > > http://talk.fedoraproject.org/ for local dial in numbers (if you are near
> > > one)
> > >
> > > Also, should we also have an IRC channel for people to ask questions in
> > > like last time? I'd encourage everyone who's doing this but doesn't use
> > > voip regularly to come by #fedora-admin and test your setup before the
> > > meeting. It can often not work as you'd expect and if you're causing
> > > noise on the line it will delay the training.
> > >

> > Just a reminder... 50 minutes from now!
> >

> Also we'll be working in #fedora-meeting2 as well.

Sorry #fedora-meeting-1

-Mike