Old 09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Mike McGrath

Default Environments Doc

So I'm slowly getting more architecture docs put together. This is now in
our repo:

http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/Environments.pdf

When we're in a freeze or a pre-freeze here's the rules.

If the host is listen in the $FREEZE_TYPE list. Then its frozen.

You'll notice that, for example, app[1-5] are listed in both the normal
full freeze as well as the pre-release freeze. That's because we have
applications that exist in each environment. Until we move those services
somewhere else. Those servers are frozen during prefreezes.

The actual environment names are:

* Buildsystem
* Distribution
* Support
* Virtualization
* Staging
* Testing
* Value Added

-Mike

Old 09-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Bret McMillan

Mike McGrath wrote:

So I'm slowly getting more architecture docs put together. This is now in
our repo:

http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/Environments.pdf

Awesome, needed an overview like this.

The actual environment names are:

* Buildsystem
* Distribution
* Support
* Virtualization
* Staging
* Testing
* Value Added

Quick question, what does collab1 do (listed under Value Added)? We're
about to spin up a collab tools project, would be helpful to know what
things are going on out there to draw upon / pool resources.

--Bret

Old 09-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Mike McGrath

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008, Bret McMillan wrote:

> Mike McGrath wrote:
> > So I'm slowly getting more architecture docs put together. This is now in
> > our repo:
> >
> > http://mmcgrath.fedorapeople.org/Environments.pdf
> >

> Awesome, needed an overview like this.
>
> > The actual environment names are:
> >
> > * Buildsystem
> > * Distribution
> > * Support
> > * Virtualization
> > * Staging
> > * Testing
> > * Value Added
>
> Quick question, what does collab1 do (listed under Value Added)? We're about
> to spin up a collab tools project, would be helpful to know what things are
> going on out there to draw upon / pool resources.

Collab1 is a server focused around our collaboration tools. Right now it
has some mailing lists and a sobby server. It will probably also have our
pastebin in the future once it gets ready.

-Mike

Old 09-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Bret McMillan

Mike McGrath wrote:

Collab1 is a server focused around our collaboration tools. Right now it
has some mailing lists and a sobby server. It will probably also have our
pastebin in the future once it gets ready.

Cool, definitely sounds like I need to ping you more online about this.
Next thing I'm probably going to be looking at is shindig, might be
useful.

Gotta run to some meetings first though :/

--Bret