Old 09-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Matt Domsch

Default archives on secondary1

quick sanity check. archives.fp.o is on secondary1.fp.o, right?

There are 2 separate rsyncd.conf files in puppet, one for archives,
one for secondary. Given they land at the same place on the same
machine, only the one for secondary is actually in effect. If they're
going to be on the same machine, we need to merge them.

yes?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux

Old 09-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Mike McGrath

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Matt Domsch wrote:

> quick sanity check. archives.fp.o is on secondary1.fp.o, right?
>
> There are 2 separate rsyncd.conf files in puppet, one for archives,
> one for secondary. Given they land at the same place on the same
> machine, only the one for secondary is actually in effect. If they're
> going to be on the same machine, we need to merge them.
>
> yes?

Correct. I only copied the files from the old archives box to the new one
and forgot to merge the configs.

-Mike

Old 09-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Matt Domsch

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 10:05:05AM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Matt Domsch wrote:
>
> > quick sanity check. archives.fp.o is on secondary1.fp.o, right?
> >
> > There are 2 separate rsyncd.conf files in puppet, one for archives,
> > one for secondary. Given they land at the same place on the same
> > machine, only the one for secondary is actually in effect. If they're
> > going to be on the same machine, we need to merge them.
> >
> > yes?
> >

> Correct. I only copied the files from the old archives box to the new one
> and forgot to merge the configs.

no worries, it's done now. They're all in secondary's config.